Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Shigure
Post subject: We're starting a new AU, come join us!Posted: October 9th, 2016, 6:59 am
I, including three other Shipbucket artists, are starting an Alternate Universe on another site. We are going to be writing about wars from multiple eras, including the two World Wars and everything before and after. Since this is an AU, there will be massive deviations from reality of course. It will be set on an entirely new map filled with fictional countries and such. You may either start your own nation, or take control of one (or more) of the existing nations.

Right now I aim to add as many SB drawings to site (I don't know if I need permission or not. I've left the watermark on the drawings) so that every major superpower has a large navy and a variety of ships. FD scale drawings will make up the ground forces of your nation, if you wish of course.

Every major nation also has a real life counterpart, for instance, the country Yamato is a more powerful version of the Empire of Japan. For that nation I'm using Japanese built, never-built, and Koko designs from BB1987. I've already asked him so it's ok. Gneisenau is Germany, Kraevolia is Russia, Shenzhou is China, Anglia is England (very creative as you can see. It's Russian for Britain :P ). But since none of these countries are actually controlled by anyone, they can change. If you want to control the real life equivalent of a country, I'd be happy to tell you where the nation is.

[ img ]

If you're a creative writer or a pixel artist, or both, I'd invite you to join us. The site's a bit bare for now, but that's because we only have 3 active members so far.

(Side note: I was a bit lazy when naming the countries. I'll change them anytime by request if you think some of them sound stupid, which some do. Also I 'may' have added AU countries like Recherche and Thiaria, but it's because I was bored. If you don't want your AU there, let me know)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: We're starting a new AU, come join us!Posted: October 9th, 2016, 8:51 am
Hi tristan. Sorry to break the fun a bit, But I acknowledged the use of the real and never-built Japanese drawings on the main-site archive, not the Kokoan ones :P

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: We're starting a new AU, come join us!Posted: October 9th, 2016, 11:08 am
Aww ok. Your drawings are just so good. Yamato was going to have such a powerful navy :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: We're starting a new AU, come join us!Posted: October 9th, 2016, 5:25 pm
You aren't really creating something on another site - you're just making a wikia page for your AU. ;) My preference would be for your discussions and posting to take place on the Shipbucket forum and use the Wikia you've made as a repository for backstory. You are of course free to post Shipbucket art wherever you want but the template and credits must always be preserved.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: We're starting a new AU, come join us!Posted: October 9th, 2016, 5:40 pm
Yeah pretty much. I stopped writing backstory for my original AU and instead posted it there. I have a ton of drawings that I have yet to show you guys.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: