Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ] 
TimothyC
Post subject: ChromeOS netbookPosted: February 9th, 2011, 2:18 pm
I got into the beta program for Google ChromeOS, and yesterday evening a UPS truck pulled up and dropped off a box containing one Cr-48 Netbook. I've charged it up, and am going to give it a spin.

First Impressions:
  1. It's light. At less than 4 lbs, it's about half the weight of my old laptop.
  2. It's fast for what it does, and what it does is the internet.
  3. Good Screen. 1280*800 and 12 inches is a good mix.
  4. Battery life is good so far. I've been on her for about an hour(ish) and I still have 90% of the battery remaining. This fits with the given average life of 8 hours use, and a week of standby
  5. Boots and coming back from sleep are fast - about 15 seconds from power on to login, and two from login to usable window, with a near instant (one second) wake from sleep
  6. Keyboard is good for average use, but I wouldn't want to spend days typing a research paper on it (early stages of carpal tunnel and all that).
  7. I miss my Pg-Up, Pg-Down, Home, and End keys. I can simulate them with shortcuts, but it just isn't the same.
  8. The multi-touch touchpad is taking some getting used to. There are no physical keys, so it acts like an Apple style pad. The single USB port is there, so I might pull out one of the old mice for desk use.
I'd be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]  Return to β€œOff Topic”

Jump to: