Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Calis
Post subject: Waves Toss Huge Warship Around Like a Child’s ToyPosted: August 11th, 2017, 3:54 pm
https://youtu.be/ctqCJBzNKlc

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Waves Toss Huge Warship Around Like a Child’s ToyPosted: August 11th, 2017, 5:19 pm
Yeah, I'd be in my rack with my head in a trash can and praying for the sweet release of death. :lol:

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Waves Toss Huge Warship Around Like a Child’s ToyPosted: August 11th, 2017, 5:27 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I take it you've also traveled in a Barrett class troop transport through a North Atlantic nor'easter?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Waves Toss Huge Warship Around Like a Child’s ToyPosted: August 11th, 2017, 7:32 pm
There exist an interesting picture of one of the old Norwegian frigates of the Oslo class, somewhere on the internett (can't find it). It's a picture of this old frigate in bad weather where the only thing you see of it, is it bow, barely sticking trough a wave, then there are a couple meters of water above that bow and above that, you can see it's main mast, barely over the wave

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Waves Toss Huge Warship Around Like a Child’s ToyPosted: August 12th, 2017, 3:08 am
Tobius wrote: *

I take it you've also traveled in a Barrett class troop transport through a North Atlantic nor'easter?

Actually, I've never been to sea in my life. Closest thing I've ever been to open ocean is a tour boat on the Houston Ship Channel. But just watching that video made me queasy, haha.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Graham1973
Post subject: Re: Waves Toss Huge Warship Around Like a Child’s ToyPosted: August 12th, 2017, 3:19 pm
emperor_andreas wrote: *
Tobius wrote: *

Actually, I've never been to sea in my life. Closest thing I've ever been to open ocean is a tour boat on the Houston Ship Channel. But just watching that video made me queasy, haha.
From someone whose done the Rottnest run in horrible weather I can say I sympathize.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: