[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 12  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12
BB1987
Post subject: Re: HNoMS Helge Ingstad have collidedPosted: April 18th, 2019, 2:49 pm
It's just photoshop:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/worldar ... 1-s40.html

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: HNoMS Helge Ingstad have collidedPosted: April 18th, 2019, 3:35 pm
Lol, instantly defensive remark about Norwegian military over a joke photo ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: HNoMS Helge Ingstad have collidedPosted: April 23rd, 2019, 5:58 pm
Two notice from the news, that I have translated directly through google.translate, These two notice explain what they have decided, before they have announced anything:
Quote:
New frigate over the state budget
The government has decided that the money for a new government quarter (aftermatch from the Oslo bombing) and frigate repairs must be collected within the state budget, and not by extra withdrawals from the oil fund, Dagens Næringsliv (Norwegian economy news paper) reports. The proposal to raise money outside the state budget came at the government-enlargement in January.
Quote:
Navy considering selling the steel
- The Armed Forces bought HNoMS "Helge Ingstad" and equipment on board for NOK 4.3 billion.
- In the accounts, the frigate's value is written down by NOK 2.2 billion.
- At the same time, they write that it is difficult to determine the value exactly before they have a condition report in place. They expect it to be ready by the end of April.
- They are also saying: "It should be considered, whether parts of the frigate can be used for the remaining vessels, or whether it is possible to sell the steel"

For me it looks like they have decided, HNoMS Roald Amundsen and HNoMS Maud is operating with double crew, to compensate for the loss of the frigate. The disadvantage of this is that HNoMS Roald Amundsen will wear out faster than planned. for me, since the class is close to it's half life (all frigates are going into MLU in the next few year), I would have considered push forward future frigate program a little bit, shorten the career for the frigates and sell them to a NATO member, It would be to expensive to operate to totally different class of frigate for Norway. But nah. will anyway be interesting to see what they decide to do.

my little rambling is over, boys!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: HNoMS Helge Ingstad have collidedPosted: May 9th, 2019, 5:32 pm
the report on the frigate hull have come in:

Apparently they have managed to lift the frigate without damaging the hull or bend it. it's in perfect condition, except some "scratches!"

They have also managed to save some of the electronics. Navanti recommend replacing the main engine, it's possible to get the old engine working again, but they recommend replacing due to you would then get a guarantee on the engines.

The final report will come before summer and be used as a part of the decision making on what to do next.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: HNoMS Helge Ingstad have collidedPosted: May 13th, 2019, 5:18 pm
on Wednesday the latest update on HNoMS HI will be released to the media, but documents one of the news page have managed to get hold of, say the cost of repairing the frigate can cost as much as 1.4 billion,- US dollar (1.3 billion,- EURO). building a new would be cheaper and building a new class would be even cheaper.

Originally the frigate costed 490+- million,- US dollar (2009)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 12  [ 115 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12

Jump to: