Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Flying_Tom
Post subject: Hello!Posted: February 1st, 2021, 12:12 am
Now that I've gotten around to reading the new instructions for forum registration to activate my account: Hello!

I first found Shipbucket while looking for pictures of RCN ships, but it was the FD scale aircraft that convinced me to make an account. I've been a "lurker" for a while and have tried "repainting" a few existing drawings in Canadian markings (what is the etiquette for posting derivatives of other people's work?) to get the hang of the style. I've also tried drawing a few obscure Canadian types from scratch, though I'm a little nervous about posting them for all to see.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Hello!Posted: February 1st, 2021, 12:26 am
Welcome.

Regarding your question about the etiquette for posting derivatives, this is answered in the website FAQ page: http://shipbucket.com/faq#drawings
Quote:
Can I use someone else's drawing as a base for my own?
Yes - this is a hallmark of the Shipbucket format. All work posted on the site can be freely modified and remixed as necessary, as long as credits are maintained. If you take a pre-existing ship and modify it, then you must credit the original author before your name in the credit line.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “Introductions”

Jump to: