Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
John_McCarthy1
Post subject: My First HelloPosted: July 10th, 2017, 6:02 am
Hello shipbucket Forums,
I've looked through this website a couple of times to look at all the different ships. I have a big affinity for WW2 war machines, and I really like to look at prototypes and paper projects that don't get shown off as much (understandably) as the more commonly thought of tanks planes and ships. so one night I was looking through the US never built ships, and saw there were not a couple missing, namely the CA-B heavy cruiser design. So I thought to myself "eh why not give it a go?" and so I've spent the past 2 days' free time messing about with MsPaint and I have something so i figured i'd make an account get some help and then put it up, and if I get good enough at it all the other prototypes/designs I can find that are not yet up on the site. so that's that, and i hope I can help out at least a little.

Suggestions Welcomed

Currently working on:
Heavy Cruiser Proposal CA-B: ~80% done.
Heavy Cruiser Proposal CA-C: ~5-10% done.
Heavy/Large Cruiser Proposal CA2-D: ~35% done.
FD Scale P-51A Dazzle Camo Livery: ~5-10% done.
Getting better: Always being worked on.

Finished:
FD Scale P-51D's Dazzle Camo Livery (might be redone)
FD Scale P-51D's German Captured Livery

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: My First HelloPosted: July 10th, 2017, 7:08 am
Hello John McCarthy,

New people are always welcome to Shipbucket.

Your need to draw ships equals that of the rest of us. A warning, once you start it is like an addiction, you want to keep on improving and doing better. Being away from the keyboard and not drawing ships, your withdrawal symptoms start kicking in. (almost just kidding :)

Your choice of first subject is great. Real / Never Were drawings are always welcomed. If you need assistance with a drawing, post what you have done so far in the beginners section and say what you need assistance with. People will crawl out of the woodwork to help.

I will look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Nige

[Profile] [Quote]
John_McCarthy1
Post subject: Re: My First HelloPosted: July 10th, 2017, 9:13 am
Krakatoa wrote: *
Hello John McCarthy,

New people are always welcome to Shipbucket.

Your need to draw ships equals that of the rest of us. A warning, once you start it is like an addiction, you want to keep on improving and doing better. Being away from the keyboard and not drawing ships, your withdrawal symptoms start kicking in. (almost just kidding :)

Your choice of first subject is great. Real / Never Were drawings are always welcomed. If you need assistance with a drawing, post what you have done so far in the beginners section and say what you need assistance with. People will crawl out of the woodwork to help.

I will look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Nige
Thank you for the introduction, I did look around a bit before I attempted the... drawing? so it should be somewhat close-ish to standard but i'm not 100% on it.
oh and another thing, I tired making a thread on the beginners section and I can't figure out how to post the image in question, is there a waiting time on being able to upload after making an account or am I dumb and it's just that i have to use a image hosting website?

Suggestions Welcomed

Currently working on:
Heavy Cruiser Proposal CA-B: ~80% done.
Heavy Cruiser Proposal CA-C: ~5-10% done.
Heavy/Large Cruiser Proposal CA2-D: ~35% done.
FD Scale P-51A Dazzle Camo Livery: ~5-10% done.
Getting better: Always being worked on.

Finished:
FD Scale P-51D's Dazzle Camo Livery (might be redone)
FD Scale P-51D's German Captured Livery

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: My First HelloPosted: July 10th, 2017, 9:48 am
Yes, a picture host is still necessary for the present. I personally use Dropbox, but there are many others just as good. Do not use Photobucket, it has gone out of the 'free' category, and resizes its images.

Once you have an image host, the resulting 'host' text line needs to be placed between "Img" tags.

Most of the common Hosts have tutorials in the FAQ section. If still having problems, just ask.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: My First HelloPosted: July 10th, 2017, 9:09 pm
Welcome aboard John_McCarthy1!
It is nice to see someone attempting Real life ships or Never built ones.
IMHO a Never built is slightly harder to do as there is little or no reference material, apart from some sketch, or design work. Real life ships also have pictures which help a lot in providing the small details of a ship.
Using a hosting site, as Nigel had said, is now a must. Personally I use Imgur which provided easy linking for forums' sharing. The down side is that it renames the file names randomly.
In short I hope to see your first attempt. Remember that guns, boats and other parts are in the parts section and are there to be used.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Introductions”

Jump to: