Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ] 
gigletes
Post subject: Hello!Posted: July 28th, 2020, 8:33 pm
Hi! I'm gigletes. I've been keeping an eye on Shipbucket for a long time but only just a few days ago decided to start making stuff of my own, which is what prompted me to make an account. My primary interest is modern naval warfare, but I also dabble in the Cold War and WW2 occasionally. Currently have two designs drawn (both shittily), both based off other people's bases but modified to what I had in mind (thanks MConrad!). Both are Royal Netherlands Navy corvettes from an RP set in the late 2030s.
[ img ]

HAKM-M1 (HArm Corvette, Missile, Model 1)

Background: heavily based on the Visby class corvette design of the Swedish shipbuilder Kockums, which also provided the basis for the HArm HASA series of AIP submarines, the HACM-M1 has extended the superstructure forward to accommodate an additional pair of Mark 141 anti-ship guided missile launchers, with the Millennium CIWS placed on top of the extended superstructure in superfiring position, in place of the 57mm cannon. Forward, a pair of two-cell Mk 57 VLS forward of the new Harpoon launchers allows the carriage of 16 ESSM missiles, and underneath the flight deck is a hangar built to carry a pair of Fire Scout reconnaissance UAVs. The SEAPAR radar system, while not quite as effective as APAR, allows it to act as a forward observer for other combatants, finding and designating targets for surface-to-air and anti-ship missiles.
Cost: $200 million

Dimensions
Displacement: 720 tons
Length: 72.7 meters
Beam: 10.4 meters
Draft: 2.5 meters

Specifications
Complement: 47 crew
Propulsion: 2 shaft CODOG propulsion (4,700 SHP diesel, 21,450 SHP gas)
Speed: 35 knots
Range: 4,600 kilometers at 15 knots
Aviation facilities: flight deck and under-flight deck hangar for two light UAVs (Firescout, Eagle Eye)

Armament
Guns:
2 × 35mm Oerlikon Millennium CIWS guns

Missiles:
2 × 2 cell Mk 57 vertical launch system
- quad packed RIM-162 ESSM Block VI
4 × quad Mark 141 canister launcher
- Harpoon Block II+
- MRAS-1K Slechtvalk-Kort
2 × twin MK32 Mod 9 torpedo tubes

[ img ]

HAKM-M2 (HArm Corvette, Missile, Model 2)
Commonly called Hank, after its development name "HAHNK" (HArms Hellenic Nuclear Corvette).

Background: an extremely unconventional design, the HAKM-M2 is only designated as a corvette because a word to describe it has yet to be coined. The design is loosely based on the Independence class of Littoral Combat Ships but significantly downsized and armed with actual weaponry - and most relevantly, powered by a nuclear reactor, based on civilian-grade Small Modular Reactors but modified extensively for military use. A trimaran hull and water-jet propulsion allows extremely high speeds when combined with the fan-blown surface effect system (based off that used by the Skjold class corvette). An azimuth thruster at the prow allows for maneuverability in port while being retractable to maintain the hull shape necessary for high-speed surface effect operations. The HAKM-M2 design also includes a hangar under the hull below a flight deck on the center pylon, both only capable of operating UAVs such as the Fire Scout B. It also mounts 20 VLS cells, with eight in each of the outriggers and four behind the flight deck - and the advanced Hellenic fire control systems it mounts allows the operation of hypersonic anti-ship missiles and Enhanced Sea Sparrow point defense missiles, although it lacks the massive radar arrays necessary to fire Standard Missiles. To round out the armament suite, a Rheinmetall 38mm railgun is mounted fore, with a Rheinmetall LPDS superfiring over it, as well as one aft, above the hangar.
Cost: $240 million

Dimensions
Displacement: 890 tons
Length: 68.3 meters
Beam: 17.1 meters
Draft: 1.1 meters

Specifications
Complement: 27 crew
Propulsion: dual waterjet fission propulsion, 45,250 SHP, forward retractable azimuth thruster
Speed: 49 knots
Range: 40 day endurance
Aviation facilities: small flight deck and under-deck hangar for single light UAV (Firescout, Eagle Eye)

Armament
Guns:
1 × Rheinmetall 38.1mm/L54 railguns
2 × Rheinmetall Laser Point Defense System (LPDS)

Missiles:
5 × 4 cell Mk 57 vertical launch system
- quad packed RIM-162 ESSM Block VI
- MRAS-1K Slechtvalk-Kort
2 × twin MK32 Mod 9 torpedo tubes

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]  Return to “Introductions”

Jump to: