Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Hood
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 7th, 2021, 9:11 am
Kiwi Imperialist wrote: *
The challenge poll is normally open for four days, as is the case here (23:59, 4 March to 23:59, 8 March). The Iron-Clad Menace poll was open for five, but that's because I forgot the 31st of January existed. Why four days? Generally speaking, we receive the vast majority of responses are received in the first couple of days. The crude chart below shows the poll responses times for the Post-Cold War Large Surface Combatant challenge. You can see the drop-off in responses quite clearly, and such are curve is typical. There are, for example, already 30 responses to the Fifth Generation Fighter poll with over two and a half days before the deadline. Have you had much trouble responding within the four day period? Do you know others who are? We can consider extending the polling period if there are enough people have trouble.
OK I can see that you've done some analysis on this.
Well I missed the ironclad vote entirely and only noticed this poll yesterday (6th March). Note that 23:59, 4 March for you is 11:59am, 5 March for us in the UK, for the US much later in the day on the 5th.
But I get your point from the graph and its good to see more votes if we have over 30 already.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 7th, 2021, 5:06 pm
Deleted by duplicate. Sorry.

Last edited by Yqueleden on March 8th, 2021, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 7th, 2021, 5:07 pm
Defender wrote: *
An Imperial Germany would likely call it's airforce the 'Luftstreitkräfte', not the Luftwaffe, as the Luftwaffe is heavily associated with the Nazis. The Imperial German Air Force (or more accurately, air arm of the army) was historically the Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte, and was given it's name in 1916 (before it was referred to as the Fliegertruppen des deutschen Kaiserreiches, or Imperial Germany Flying Corps).
The novel "The Visitor" (only available in Spanish) narrates how after the killing of the Nazi leaders, an authoritarian monarchy rises, but isn't the successor of the german empire of 1914.

Greetings

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 9th, 2021, 12:03 pm
The poll for the Fifth Generation Fighter challenge has closed. Sixteen challenge entries were received before the deadline, if we exclude those which disqualified. I wish to thank everyone who participated, and the 34 people who submitted valid responses to the community poll.

[ img ]

First place goes to Soode for their outstanding entry - the Songrim SR-12. I believe this is the first time Soode has won a challenge. Congratulations for reaching this milestone! Soode also received the highest score in the drawing quality and design realism categories. TheGrumpyKestrel achieved second place with the excellent Wedgetail II. I fear the unique canard arrangement of their design may have hurt realism score, but TheGrumpyKestrel definitely made up for it in the drawing quality and originality categories. In third place is Charguizard with the Rowan-Hilgers RhJ.71 Orkaan. They certainly set the bar high in the first week of the challenge. Gollevainen deserves special mention for achieving the highest score in the originality category.

Poll respondents were asked to select the next Shipbucket challenge from three options. I am pleased to announce that the River Gunboat or Monitor Challenge is now open.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: