Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
PionierZSSR
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 13th, 2022, 4:30 pm
[ img ]

T-25/1 PLO 75 was firstly introduced in August 1952 by modifying T-25 hull. Fitted with two deadly 50 mm VAK M2-50 which is capable of causing major damage to enemy air formations. With some minor issues it was generally considered to be successful model which lead to his long service until 1964 and in some occasions even until early 70's.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mauser
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 13th, 2022, 10:33 pm
The gun is 57mm and crew is 4

[ img ]

Last edited by Mauser on September 19th, 2022, 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Soode
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 14th, 2022, 4:41 am
[ img ]

No megalength writeup this time, because of time constraints.

The Ön.Lé.Gép. szol.88 "Medvebocs" (Önjáró Légvédelmi Gépágyú, 1988-ban szolgálatban, "Medvebocs"; Self-Propelled Anti-Air Gun, In Service 1988, "Bearcub") is a self-propelled air defense vehicle of the Royal Hungarian Army. It is built on the chassis of the Pikás 2 main battle tank, and alongside that vehicle, it represents the full revival of Hungarian military engineering after Russian forces restored the Hungarian monarchy in 1944. Rather than facing off against Anglo-French forces on the Prussian and Austrian frontiers, it was first deployed to Hungary's border with Romania, which resented Hungary's continued occupation of Transylvania.

The main armament consists of a twin 35mm anti-air gun derived from the Oerlikon GDF, using drum-stored rather than stacked ammunition clips. Each drum contains 25 spaces for 8-round ammunition clips, and with an additional fifteen rounds in each side of the feed system, the total ready ammunition capacity is 430 rounds. The drums can be reloaded by removing their outside circular covers, but they can also be reloaded from inside the vehicle, with an additional 304 rounds stored in the lower hull and manually reloaded by the driver and commander. Spent casings are ejected from two slots, one on each side, below and forward of the armored drum covers. The drum-based feed system allows the crew to select point-fused HEI(T) or armor-piercing SAPHEI(T) ammunition depending on the threat. APDS and smart-fused ammunition were later developed, but neither type was in service in 1989.

The three-man crew consists of a gunner (turret left), a commander and radar operator (turret right), and a driver (center hull). An air search radar detects targets, and a fire-control radar tracks them, calculates firing solutions, and corrects fire based on outgoing rounds. An electro-optical sight with visual and IR modes allows the vehicle to engage aircraft under radar silence or intense jamming, albeit with reduced effectiveness, and a backup optical sight on the turret roof allows the gunner to engage helicopters and ground targets even if the outer electronics are damaged or non-functional. Eight other periscopes arranged around the turret roof give the gunner and commander a remarkably good view of the battlefield, and of any approaching infantry or light vehicles.

A bad peace is preferable to a terrible war.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 15th, 2022, 9:27 am
VictorCharlie wrote: *
[ img ]
I really like your austere design. Like Kattsun's entry, it provides an interesting contrast to the more complex self-propelled air defence systems. Unfortunately, I must point out that templates which include encyclopedia-style information is no longer permitted. This change occurred after the FRAM Can Challenge and is reflected in Challenge Rule 2: "The image must be an FD template modified to include the participant’s system and, optionally, crew figures at their stations within the system or one of the following: unit insignia, manufacturer logo, national flag. Other elements are no longer permitted." Could you please modify your submission so that the image no longer includes a data sheet. You can still include this information, it just has to be presented as text in your post rather than text in the image.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 15th, 2022, 9:38 am
kirk7070 wrote: *
ZMV-98A Self-Propelled Anti-Air System
[ img ]
-Came into service in the late 1980s
-The vehicle carries launchers, target acquisition radar, tracking radar and optical tracking system
-Eight missiles, using command guidance and proximity fuzes
-Two guidance channels, allowing two targets to be engaged simultaneously
-Capable of firing on the move
-The improved version is ZMV-98B, which cannot be shown in this challenge
The shading on your vehicle's search radar is outstanding. However, as with Hood's entry, I must ask you to show the radar in a single position. Challenge Rule 4 states: "If two or three views are included, they must depict the same example of the system, in the same configuration, at the same point in time." I must work on my wording and for that I apologise, but this rule means that your radar should be in the same position in all views. Can you please edit your drawing to show the radar in a single position. The most logical course would be to eliminate one of the side views.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 15th, 2022, 9:44 am
Yamato Sammy wrote: *
Kiwi Imperialist wrote: *
Yamato Sammy wrote: *
ZB-1995 High Mobility Self Propelled Anti Aircraft Testbed
[ img ]

Coming from the PRK's experimental infantry vehicle school the HMSPAAT was first drafted in 1995 then one testbed was constructed. The vehicle is equipped with a pair of 25mm autocannons, a Targeting radar for striking flying vehicles, and a strong powerplant on a lightweight body to allow the vehicle to keep up with fast-moving motor rifle infantry. The HMSPAAT was accepted into service in 1996 as the Type 9 SPAA.
Apologies for not realising this sooner, but I notice your submission depicts a 1990s vehicle. Unfortunately, this is a Cold War era challenge with Design Requirement 4 stating "your design must enter service at some point between 1947 and 1991". You could try backdating your design, or perhaps alter the description.
I am sorry about that that was a typo

-ZB-1995 High Mobility Self Propelled Anti Aircraft Testbed-
Coming from the PRK's experimental infantry vehicle school the HMSPAAT was first drafted in 1995 then one testbed was constructed. The vehicle is equipped with a pair of 25mm autocannons, a Targeting radar for striking flying vehicles, and a strong powerplant on a lightweight body to allow the vehicle to keep up with fast-moving motor rifle infantry. The HMSPAAT was accepted into service in 1996 as the Type 9 SPAA.
[ img ]
Apologies for bothering you again, but you do not appear to have corrected your typo. The text in your second post is identical to the original and the dates remain outside the time frame of the challenge. I am not sure if that was the intention. Also, I cannot see the second image you posted. It has been replaced with [ img ].

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: KattsunPosted: September 15th, 2022, 9:50 am
Kattsun wrote: *
Hemvaernet IR-85 Luftvaernsrobotsystem m/32 team on a Gallan Motors Rymdig 248-88

[ img ]
Lvrbs m/32 missile team, operating within the limits of the system, as it is designed.
You appear to have missed my previous comments on your entry. I do not wish to disqualify it, so could you please implement the changes I discuss in the quote below.
Kiwi Imperialist wrote: *
You may not be aware, but Challenge Rule 2 has changed since you last participated in a Shipbucket challenge. Its present form is: "The image FD template modified to include the participant’s system and, optionally, crew figures at their stations within the system or one of the following: unit insignia, manufacturer logo, national flag. Other elements are no longer permitted." You can no longer include scenic elements, such as other vehicles, and figures must be shown operating the vehicle. I will allow your creative interpretation of a self-propelled air defence system, but I must ask you to only show the scooter with the two members of the missile team riding it.
---

On an unrelated note, thank you Hood for altering your entry.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 15th, 2022, 10:23 am
[ img ]

An ambitious design for an anti-aircraft weapon using high-energy laser system. It entered Lyonesse service in 1990, half-baked and rushed due to political meddling. It didn't last long in service, owing to its impressively terrible capability and led to the collapse of the government.

Not that it stopped video game developers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 16th, 2022, 4:23 pm
U6L AM3

[ img ]

Last edited by Shigure on September 16th, 2022, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BvonTeapot
Post subject: Re: Cold War Self-Propelled Air Defence System ChallengePosted: September 16th, 2022, 4:33 pm
I am not in the slightest good at FD yet, but might as well join in. This was also my first time doing a frontal view, so that was fun.

The cough 5.5 cm Flakzwilling auf Ozelot Fahrgestell "Turmfalke" was an SPAA system designed to operate on the hull of an Ozelot MBT, so that armoured detachments may have close defense against aircraft and helicopters of the UFMR. It was armed with two 55mm guns mounted beside each other, and a later 60s upgrade saw four anti-aircraft missiles (similar to the IRL Strela 1) mounted on the side.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: