Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Washington Naval Treaty Centennial ChallengePosted: November 28th, 2022, 11:19 am
waritem wrote: *
[ img ]
I am sorry Waritem, but I must disqualify your entry. In this thread's second post I indicated that aircraft carriers were not permitted. Apologies if that restriction was not communicated clearly. I realise that your entry is a hybrid design, but it leans more towards an aircraft carrier than other aviation-oriented ships submitted for the challenge. You do not need to remove your post. It would be a shame to lose a unique take on an interesting real-world concept. I will simply exclude it from the final poll.

[Profile] [Quote]
TNGShM
Post subject: Re: Washington Naval Treaty Centennial ChallengePosted: November 28th, 2022, 11:58 am
Aska-class 1st Class Cruiser

[ img ]

CURRENT AND PLANNED PROJECTS (in order of first priority)
- Altesian battlecruisers
- Altesian destroyers
- Altesian cruisers
- Altesian ironclads
- History & maps of the Alteias Republic AU

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Poll Now OpenPosted: November 28th, 2022, 12:04 pm
Community Poll Open
The submission period for the Washington Naval Treaty Centennial Challenge has concluded. You can now rate each entry here.
The poll will remain open until December 1st, ending at 23:59 (UTC-12). (Countdown Timer)

Once again, our next challenge will be a special topic relating to an historic event. It will be announced after the poll has closed. Voting for the next topic will return after it has ended.

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Washington Naval Treaty Centennial ChallengePosted: November 28th, 2022, 12:09 pm
Kiwi Imperialist wrote: *
waritem wrote: *
[ img ]
I am sorry Waritem, but I must disqualify your entry. In this thread's second post I indicated that aircraft carriers were not permitted. Apologies if that restriction was not communicated clearly. I realise that your entry is a hybrid design, but it leans more towards an aircraft carrier than other aviation-oriented ships submitted for the challenge. You do not need to remove your post. It would be a shame to lose a unique take on an interesting real-world concept. I will simply exclude it from the final poll.
:o :cry: I should have went for my South african idea who relied on floatplane, it would have been more clearly on the " cruiser" side than the "flight-deck" one.
In my mind as the ship was more design for the cruiser task and as in the treaty "an aircraft carrier was defined as a warship displacing more than 10,000 tons" (i realise by the way that i didn't mention the ship was less than it.....), It was clearly a cruiser with the adition of a flight deck to me.
I guess i was to much influenced by the concept name: "flight-deck cruiser"

Anyway, I suspected that I would not make a big score, but I would have been curious to know it.......

Post-scriptum:
The "Flight Deck Cruiser, 1931 design", which my ship is inspired from, is archived in the "cruiser" section of the drawings, not the "Aircraft Carrier" one...............

But you're the boss, boss (that was just to make my mistake forgivable......... :D )

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
The_Overseer
Post subject: Re: Washington Naval Treaty Centennial ChallengePosted: November 30th, 2022, 7:04 am
Quote:
I'm i wrong or one this floatplanes is inspired by the Levasseur P-l201?
I was quite sure someone already draw it in FD scale, but i can't manage to find it back........
Yes, it is an AU version of the Levasseur PL-201. And I haven't found a FD drawing of it, nor had i heard there was one.

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Washington Naval Treaty Centennial ChallengePosted: November 30th, 2022, 7:25 am
The_Overseer wrote: *
Quote:
I'm i wrong or one this floatplanes is inspired by the Levasseur P-l201?
I was quite sure someone already draw it in FD scale, but i can't manage to find it back........
Yes, it is an AU version of the Levasseur PL-201. And I haven't found a FD drawing of it, nor had i heard there was one.

I must surely be confusing with another, but I will try to look in my archives if I have not saved it......

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Washington Naval Treaty Centennial ChallengePosted: December 2nd, 2022, 12:06 pm
The community poll is now closed. To everyone who responded, both to the poll and the challenge itself, thank you. This has been a great challenge with many exciting entries. It seems the Washington Naval Treaty is fertile ground for the imagination a century on. In first place, with a total of 583 points, is maomatic with the heavy cruiser Dresden. Congratulations for achieving not only the top spot, but the highest score in the Design Quality category as well. It's amazing what can be achieved with a ship of modest size and a single view. Following in second place with 572 points is Garlicdesign, who submitted the battleship Caithreim. Great work! Finally, in third place is The Object 221 with the unique looking cruiser Ligeia. They also achieved the highest score in the Drawing Quality category.

For those interested, the Falklands War Commemorative Challenge is now open.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: