Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 39  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2539 »
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: March 31st, 2022, 10:33 pm
Hydrofoil warship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rob2012
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: March 31st, 2022, 11:01 pm
What about catamaran and trimaran type ships? Say dating back as far as the 19th century. I mean Robert Fulton designed a catamaran floating battery before the War of 1812, to defend New York harbor.which was built.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: April 1st, 2022, 9:12 am
Rob2012 wrote: *
What about catamaran and trimaran type ships? Say dating back as far as the 19th century. I mean Robert Fulton designed a catamaran floating battery before the War of 1812, to defend New York harbor.which was built.
Not bad either.

Maybe just a general "unusual hull forms" warship challenge? SWATH, catamaran, trimaran, pentamaran, hydrofoil, hovercraft, etc. as long as the hydrodynamic lift does not rely one one single hull?

I would allow people to go nuts :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: April 1st, 2022, 4:19 pm
MihoshiK wrote: *
Rob2012 wrote: *
Not bad either.

Maybe just a general "unusual hull forms" warship challenge? SWATH, catamaran, trimaran, pentamaran, hydrofoil, hovercraft, etc. as long as the hydrodynamic lift does not rely one one single hull?

I would allow people to go nuts :D
I second this!

[Profile] [Quote]
Remorseful Dreamer
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: April 1st, 2022, 5:51 pm
Shipbucket scale:
First World War era destroyer - These tend to be good, simple subjects to draw and yet still allow a good artist to eek out a clear edge.
Wartime built cruiser - A cruiser built in wartime (either era works, it is up to the judges to choose), with wartime shortages and necessity to speed construction taken into account.
Steam and Steel era submarine - A submarine built during a chosen period during the era of Steam and Steel (since we had a modern one in the past, why not make one for the older silent services?)
Protected Cruiser challenge - Protected cruisers are a broad category that allow a lot of divergent results and creativity.
Refit challenge - Refit another shipbucketer's ship. The refit must be done in such a way that it includes significant changes, so merely adding a few AA guns is not sufficient. It should however also not be a full redrawing of the old artwork either. A carrier conversion would likely be the most extreme example allowed.
Failed concepts challenge - Does your AU have famous what-if vessels (military or civilian)? Does it have a project that could have been a game-changer had it not been for poor timing? Did over-planning kill a promising design? Does it have the delusional power fantasies of a deranged despot? This is your chance to bring it to life.
First missile warship - Your goal is to draw the first missile-armed ship your AU nation produces.

FD scale:
SPAA challenge - The aim is to draw a mobile AA battery. This can be a single vehicle (e.g. a Gepard) or a multi-vehicle mobile SAM battery. If desired, freedom to choose the time period would add more diversity to the challenge.
Torpedo bomber challenge - I have a soft spot for torpedo bombers. That is the entire justification.
Glider challenge - Draw a sailplane.
Guided weapon challenge - The aim is to portray a guided missile (anti-ship, cruise, anti-air?). The scale may be varied if required, as a green shipbucketer i am not well suited to determining alternative scales for such a challenge.

Soldierbucket:
Sci-fi/Science Fantasy "space marine" - Draw a soldier from a science fiction or science fantasy future setting.

It is possible some of these have been proposed at some point. If that is the case, i apologize for copying the idea and cramming the thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
td_07
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: April 7th, 2022, 11:10 pm
Hydrofoil warship.
I was always intrigued by what could have happened if HMS Speedy's trials were successful...

A corvette with the Jetfoil hull... 🤤🤤

[Profile] [Quote]
Rob2012
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: April 8th, 2022, 12:10 am
How about wooden steam era ships?

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: April 10th, 2022, 5:27 pm
td_07 wrote: *
Hydrofoil warship.
I was always intrigued by what could have happened if HMS Speedy's trials were successful...

You think a hydrofoil corvette would have been wild?

For a while the USN entertained the notion of a seventy knot fleet.

Things got WILD.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: April 10th, 2022, 7:17 pm
Hydrofoil warship.

Things got WILD.
The only thing that get close to that today, is the Norwegian "Coastal Corvettes" of the Skjold class, with it's official top speed of 60 knots, I have heard rumors and talks about them being even faster, everything from 2 knots to 8+ knots faster then the official speed. But in the end, whatever the tru top speed is, it is as I know, then only class of ships that do over 60 knots and is armed with cannons, missiles and a self-defence systems against aerial threat. There is naval boats that are faster, but they are more or less small boats, with or without a single machine gun. So I will still say that Skjold class is the fastest warship in the world, at the moment, until new information comes to my attention.

[Profile] [Quote]
td_07
Post subject: Re: Future challenge ideas/suggestionsPosted: April 18th, 2022, 8:16 am
heuhen wrote: *

Things got WILD.
The only thing that get close to that today, is the Norwegian "Coastal Corvettes" of the Skjold class, with it's official top speed of 60 knots, I have heard rumors and talks about them being even faster, everything from 2 knots to 8+ knots faster then the official speed. But in the end, whatever the tru top speed is, it is as I know, then only class of ships that do over 60 knots and is armed with cannons, missiles and a self-defence systems against aerial threat. There is naval boats that are faster, but they are more or less small boats, with or without a single machine gun. So I will still say that Skjold class is the fastest warship in the world, at the moment, until new information comes to my attention.
No objections to surface-effect warships either (if that is more practical), honestly

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 39  [ 382 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2539 »

Jump to: