Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: First Assault Rifle Challenge - Gunbucket ScalePosted: October 29th, 2019, 1:57 am
The poll for the first assault rifle challenge has closed. I would like to thank the 18 people who voted in addition to the 13 who participated. Some of you are no doubt concerned by the issue of ‘troll inputs’ raised by Acelanceloet in the Harrier carrier thread. I did not observe similar behaviour while collating the scores of this challenge. Some voters did select low scores for certain participants, but I feel these generally reflected submission quality. Obviously, there is a degree of subjectivity. Other voters gave maximum marks to all but a few participants. However, those who did not receive top marks were generally allocated a score only one or two points below the maximum in each category. Now, on to the results.

[ img ]

Congratulations to Muscatatuck, the winner of this challenge, for the Marquis RDU-54. I was not certain that an unconventional bullpup design would curry favour, but the rifle received 708 points in total. As for second place, in the words of Chief Master Sergeant William Candy, “Ooo, it’s me.” If there are concerns about my neutrality, I am happy to share the Google Form with someone like Colosseum. Third place is a tie between Shigure’s M51 and Reytuerto’s Modelo 1932. Great work! Some of you may be a little disappointed, but you shouldn’t be. We have many great artists here and the competition can be daunting. I did not expect to achieve second place with TigerHunter1945’s Mitragilatrice 46 and Charguizard’s Zk m/82 floating about.

Speaking of Charguizard’s submission, it achieved the highest score in the drawing quality category with 164 points. Pantu’s RAI-405 placed first in the design realism category with 158 points. With 170 points, Muscatatuck topped the originality category. The leader in the suitability category was Shigure with 163 points. First place in the kitbash factory category was a tie between myself and Muscatatuck, though all scores in this category were relatively close.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: First Assault Rifle Challenge - Gunbucket ScalePosted: October 29th, 2019, 5:14 pm
Thanks Kiwi Imperialist for collating and scoring!

Great work to all.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: First Assault Rifle Challenge - Gunbucket ScalePosted: October 29th, 2019, 6:53 pm
Congratulations to Muscatatuck! For your bullpup rifle, and specially for your well defined cartridge! And congratulations for all the participants of this challenge, we had saw many well drawn and well designed rifles. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: First Assault Rifle Challenge - Gunbucket ScalePosted: December 1st, 2019, 6:40 pm
We need another gunbucket challenge!!!

"Just consider me the forum's resident V-22 expert." ;)

-----------------------------

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: First Assault Rifle Challenge - Gunbucket ScalePosted: December 1st, 2019, 8:02 pm
Also, congrats Muscatatuck...me being a Keltec RDB owner, I appreciate that being the inspiration for your rifle...the operation described is exactly that of an RDB. Super simple, but ingenious design...my RDB is a dream to shoot and operate. Good job.

PS: I have a gunbucket drawing of an RDB in the real gunbucket thread. I'll provide you with the link if interested.

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Muscatatuck
Post subject: Re: First Assault Rifle Challenge - Gunbucket ScalePosted: December 9th, 2019, 7:59 pm
Indeed I did pull inspiration from the RDB, however, it was not until after I had the basis of the system arranged using a modified hotchkiss design that I found the RDB and how it greatly simplified my monstrosity of a hammer and interconnecting system to the trigger group. And yes I would enjoy a gander at your RDB. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: First Assault Rifle Challenge - Gunbucket ScalePosted: December 10th, 2019, 12:03 am
@muscatatuck - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=301&start=880

Let me know what you think.

My Completed Work!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Muscatatuck
Post subject: Re: First Assault Rifle Challenge - Gunbucket ScalePosted: December 11th, 2019, 11:38 pm
Very purdy, have you happened to have done the M43 wooden version?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: