Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
CodumCallum1666
Post subject: Titanic RevampPosted: July 18th, 2021, 8:41 am
So I went ahead and revemped CanisD/D. Briedis's Titanic drawing. Last time it was updated was all the way back in 2012, by user Ollie. Even then, it was still outdated and inaccurate. I had to use the
Starboard profile on Encyclopedia Titanica as a guide.
See the differences!
[ img ]

Version without lifeboats:
[ img ]

This is as far as I could get in terms of changes. There's still some things left that need to be done that I couldn't do myself due to limited abilies or because I was hesitant to do them myself.
  • Changing the Central propeller into a three bladed variant that the actual ship had
  • Updating the shading to current shipbucket standards and quality
  • Adding those little drain/pump holes along the waterline and underside of the ET profile
  • Changing the rigging to match the rigging on the real ship's rigging plan.
I can handle doing the recoloring, though the above needs to be finished before i can proceed.

Regarding the drain/pump holes, it's those ones found on the side profile from Encyclopedia Titanic. Those tiny holes:
[ img ]

I'll see if I can contact ollie about doing some of these since i'm trying to keep it in his style as much as possible

Last edited by CodumCallum1666 on July 19th, 2021, 2:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Titanic RevampPosted: July 18th, 2021, 8:55 am
Is it just me though or are the colours on the original version (on top of this page) the best?

[Profile] [Quote]
CodumCallum1666
Post subject: Re: Titanic RevampPosted: July 18th, 2021, 12:45 pm
To any future viewers, these imagines will be changine as I'm having to go back and fix some portions that I overlooked.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: