Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 8:44 am
Since the badge thing has gotten so much success, we in adm. team have discussed to get this all into nice frames (as such would be most bucktish way to deal with this), And as the excelent suggestion to add our website addres to the templates was worth of doing, Here will come the new templates:

Basicly everything is otherwise similar than before, only now there is proper place set for the badges, and the address typed to the rigth corner. It isen't a hotlink, as making such would make things overally complicated. But mere visual reminder to where the true bucket exists.

from now onwards it would be kind enough to start using these templates. In the worthcoming uploading session I will still tolerate the old ones, but it shall be the last one where I accept them ;)

Also all comments and suggestions are welcome, so I wont upload these into the mainsite just yet, incase some other good ideas to improve them would rise

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 8:45 am
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 8:54 am
one minor nitpick: the 'never change the drawing size of...' has the wrong size, or is this because of the badges added to the side?
and one question: if we have ships that fit on the template, but take over part of the badge space, should it go over the badge space (if none is there) or should we take a larger template then?

also, an suggestion: maybe now's the time to add an smaller template (say 50 meters scale bar) for the extremely small ships I and some others drew and will draw.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 9:10 am
Quote:
one minor nitpick: the 'never change the drawing size of...' has the wrong size, or is this because of the badges added to the side?
The template sizes has not been changed. Only some stuff added in. If there is errors, they were there in the orginal templates.
Can you specify in what templates the given numbers are incorrect?
Quote:
and one question: if we have ships that fit on the template, but take over part of the badge space, should it go over the badge space (if none is there) or should we take a larger template then?
The idea is that the ship is in leading role. If the ship and badge doesen't fit into the template, then the badge must stand aside ;)...or use the larger templates. In the large (XL and XXL ) sizes there is the option to adjust the length to fit for the ship.
Quote:
also, an suggestion: maybe now's the time to add an smaller template (say 50 meters scale bar) for the extremely small ships I and some others drew and will draw.
We've done quite well sofar with these sizes, and small boats have been drawn allready in these basic sheets without any proplems. Also, all sort of RIBHs, dingies and ship's boats belongs to the part sheets, not among the true ships. This scale has its minium limits after all.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 9:17 am
well, for example, in the first 4 there is 'canvas size is 1000X385 pixels..... while they are all differently sized. EDIT: first 5

and for the small sized templates: ok, just thought it would be an good idea.... seeing that for example the SAR boats, tugs and pilot boats are sometimes no more then 10 meters, and look very tiny compared to the template, while they are no boats that are shipped onboard other ships (so they don't belong on the parts sheets ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 9:39 am
How about now? Does anyone else spot any other errors on sizes (typing and ect.)

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 1:42 pm
A suggestion:
If the guidelines for ship's badge were like this [ img ] instead of this [ img ] then badges of different sizes would end up on the same distance from the top of the image. I think it would make drawings look neater.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 3:38 pm
I need to test which one would look more aesthitical, but part of the tigth selection is to urge people to drawn smaller crests that wouldnt take 1/3 of the image size.
But the images aren't viewed that often or as a default with other images around, so the difference in the position wouldnt be that big issue. But like I said, I need to test this idea

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 8:20 pm
You may use one of my drawing to test it out! 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: NEW TEMPLATESPosted: May 23rd, 2011, 10:13 pm
I've changed my drawings of Fort Austin, Argus, Albion, Bulwark and Iver Huitfeldt to the new template ;) And the next expression of Diligence will be in that template too.

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: