Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: READ THISPosted: May 31st, 2011, 8:23 am
I was going to post this in Admin, but as it affects all of us it's going in here. This morning, when I logged on to the Forum I found a lot of inflamed topics that have become personal arguments between members; to the extent that the topic is getting lost, and the Forum, through its members is loosing its integrity. A new member joining today would be right in thinking some of us are immature. Gollevainen has already given us good advice in dealing with trolling that we cannot stop.

With members who join then take up a lot of space being offensive and immature, the door that was open to them will be closed permanently if they are unable to accept the basic conventions of the Forum; and I admit to being too lax in this regard. I know that part of the buzz here is in 'scuttle butt', 'shooting the breeze', but this is now getting in the way of producing drawings that we should be proud of.

We can't enforce how people respond to stupid and offensive comments, but by responding in kind we sink to the same level of immaturity. So can we now stop all the bullshit? Can we just get back to what we are here for? Ladies and Gentlemen, the answer is entirely in your hands.

:|

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: READ THISPosted: May 31st, 2011, 8:47 am
Well I do not with him these days, and I won't do it nowadays, so don't worry about me!

[Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: READ THISPosted: May 31st, 2011, 8:57 am
Well I must say while I have been on a few forums with massive amounts of arguing this site is pretty tame but I suppose it's a slippery slope situation

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: READ THISPosted: May 31st, 2011, 11:16 am
Agreed, there are some that are worse than ours (at present), but do we really want to imitate them? And by 'argument', if we are refering to a 'frank exchange of views' that's not a problem; that is part of the cut and thrust of debate. It is when we resort to infantile abuse and derogation of another persons character or nationality or whatever, that we show ourselves up as beneath contempt. It amazes me how anybody could be bothered to respond in kind; surely, ignoring the person is more effective?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: READ THISPosted: May 31st, 2011, 12:01 pm
I would only like to reiterate my previous advice in another inflammatory thread, that we all need to consider our language and the content of what we want to say - or face the consequences. It is sometimes bad that there cannot be any sort of pecuniary sanctions on people vwho, as it appears happened most recently (and I've read it and felt an increasing revulsion!), are coming to sites like this in order to upset and create havoc one way or the other. May that could've reined in the worst behaviors and kept the worst offenders off. But, it's a sad, very sad event that's taken place, indeed...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: