Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Do you like the new forum?
Poll ended at August 3rd, 2010, 3:17 pm
Yes  95%  [ 41 ]
No  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 43
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 9th, 2010, 9:31 pm
Not my doing, looking into that now.... -_-

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 10th, 2010, 1:38 am
I unstickied all of them except one*. It wasn't terribly fun.

* for sandbox purposes I wanted to leave something unmodified; it was Golly's.

[Profile] [Quote]
scharrenberg
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 10th, 2010, 7:41 am
Colosseum wrote:
Not my doing, looking into that now.... -_-
Colosseum

Good morning Colosseum.
Thanks for the new Shipbucket forum, i aggree 100% to it.
But nevertheless its create a little problem for me. Maybe the following question is stupid but I am still a newcommer of this forum.
In the old forum the topic “KRIEGSMARINE 1946”, started by ASHLEY is a very interesting topic for me. As a former german naval officer, retired 12 years ago, the discussion is not terminated for my understanding. I have started a little study about the question where amphibious operations could be performed by the Kriegsmarine (German navy of the third reich) in 1946 and found some interesting point.
Therefore it would be fine if this topic could be countinued. Please can You tell me, by which procedure this can be realised since the original topic is closed as an archive topic.

Thaks in advance for Your aswer and help

Kurt Scharrenberg

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 10th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Well, you could always start your own thread about it.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 10th, 2010, 12:37 pm
The sticky AU scennario posts are part of God's struggle in the Mount Olympos, soon to be restored back to normal state.

Of Ashley's scennario, you could try approaching him directly and ask wheter he wishes to continue the topic.
In general we are not AU naval forum for discussion Alternative universe naval matters. (proper one for it would be: http://www.phpbbplanet.com/warshipproje ... ipprojects) but forum for Shipbucket drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
iiradned
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 11th, 2010, 10:11 am
The new forum works very well, loads quickly and is nicely organized.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 16th, 2010, 8:32 am
Ahoy everyone. Quite a suprise to find a new forum when I got back from my Scottish holiday; but once I get used to it I'm sure it will be fine.

Update. I've alreaday posted this, but some more to add: I realise now there isn't a direct link to the archive, and that does worry me. Also, I can't see how to send a personal message to another member (Novice, if you read this). Being somewhat 'challenged' I can't get my Avatar uploaded, but I'll keep plugging away at it.

I can appreciate that things change, hence a new forum; but it is a bit sad to see the old one go - I found it o.k. but then I'm old dog!

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 19th, 2010, 7:19 am
The new forum works fine. You'll have your reasons to change. For me, there is no great difference.
But it's a chance for improvements. I sometimes missed speaking names in the threads. If you search for something special it's useless to see the name just in the drawing only.

[Profile] [Quote]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: August 26th, 2010, 2:03 pm
Hi there. Anychance we can have .pdf added to the allowed attachments? I just want to provide people with some background text to some of my AUs and don't really want to fill up the forum with 25 page long posts!

[Profile] [Quote]
AdmiralHarper
Post subject: Re: Do you like this new forum and should we start using it?Posted: December 29th, 2010, 3:30 am
What is the web address for the old one?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 51 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: