Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
moxica
Post subject: Re: royal navy ww2Posted: October 11th, 2010, 5:36 pm
Ahhhh that was the page that got me to start drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
DrAaronLarsen
Post subject: Re: royal navy ww2Posted: February 4th, 2011, 7:44 pm
So wait... I'm confused... did those drawings appear first on that Royal Navy Encyclopedia or were they drawn for Shipbucket first? I want to be sure that I'm using the right source when I'm crediting them...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: royal navy ww2Posted: February 4th, 2011, 7:47 pm
why would you use them? they are old and some of them are not that accurate.... there are much better drawings of some of the ships shown there ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: royal navy ww2Posted: February 4th, 2011, 10:09 pm
DrAaronLarsen wrote:
So wait... I'm confused... did those drawings appear first on that Royal Navy Encyclopedia or were they drawn for Shipbucket first? I want to be sure that I'm using the right source when I'm crediting them...
The drawings first appeared in the Royal Navy Encyclopedia site, all were drawn by Andrew Arthur (at least so I believe), and were later uploaded to Shipbucket.
Some of us are drawing the RN ships again, as these drawings are in accurate, and even wrong in parts.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
DrAaronLarsen
Post subject: Re: royal navy ww2Posted: February 4th, 2011, 10:25 pm
The reason why I am using them is because I have a full set of waterline drawings of Kriegsmarine ships to set along-side them that look "right" next to them from a similar sort of web-site that is sort of a "Kriegsmarine Encyclopedia"... whereas the Kriegsmarine drawings on this site are inconsistent and incomplete, lacking a Hipper, having only a waterline Deutschland and only a full-hull Bismark, all with radically different camo schemes... so creating a "side-by-side" comparison table with them wouldn't look quite right...

I really do like and greatly appreciate the drawings I found here, but with so many key gaps, I still found myself still searching far and wide for pictures to use in the comparison tables I was creating, and unable to fully "standardize" one particular style for all three of the pages of comparison tables I created this last time... I ended up using Shipbucket images for 1 of those pages so far...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: