Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
godeny
Post subject: Fair-Use Agreement is too strict for me -Posted: January 5th, 2013, 5:53 pm
Hello,

i've written a screensaver primarily for train drawings, the small trains are moving along the screen - either only on a rail, but mostly before drawn backgrounds or photos or combinations of both. Some years ago i've got ship drawings too, and begun to create see scenes - ships are moving on photographs.
(this is the Traffic screensaver, see http://jtr.pxtr.de ).
And additionally i have a website showing all the vehicle and background element drawings ( http://pc.pxtr.de ),
there are more, than 100000 drawings from several hundred authors already.

I would like to use the ship drawings from Shipbucket too for the screensaver.
But having a moving vehicle it looks very crazy the author's name moving together with the vehicle.
My screensaver has an additional window for browsing the vehicle collection, and functions to create the scripts ( "timetable files", the name shows: originally there were only trains ). In this browsing window i show the name of the authors, and one can view additional informations about the authors too, if they are given, for example e-mail address, webpage URL. On the vehicle collection website this information is also present, but as extra information, showed beside the pictures, not on them (the website is generated from the vehicle collection of the screensaver, so no additional data can exist on the graphics).

I hope this kind of usage is acceptable for you - as the author's data is preserved and available for the end user - , but it does not fulfill your written rules, so i am asking for permission for this kind of usage.
(Of course i have to remove the rulers, make the drawings transparent, but that is not the point here).

Zoltan Szabo

[Profile]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Fair-Use Agreement is too strict for me -Posted: January 5th, 2013, 6:10 pm
I have to say, that I am wondering where you have asked if you may use the drawings. your 'question' seems to be 'I will use your drawings, but can I use them like this?'
for that simple reason, my own answer would be no, but I leave this to the administration team as decision, of course.

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Fair-Use Agreement is too strict for me -Posted: January 5th, 2013, 6:44 pm
Draw your own, OP.

[Profile]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Fair-Use Agreement is too strict for me -Posted: January 5th, 2013, 8:46 pm
The Administration is aware of the goings-on in this forum and is discussing the matter; we do not now and have never appreciated other users attempting to make policy.

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Fair-Use Agreement is too strict for me -Posted: January 5th, 2013, 10:40 pm
It is the considered and unanimous response of the administration that the proposed use outside of the Fair Use agreement is unacceptable, and will not be granted. The Shipbucket Fair Use agreement is functionally inviolate and should be adhered to.

Sincerely,
TimothyC.
Technical Administrator and IP Contact

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: