Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 15 of 16  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »
smurf
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: March 18th, 2015, 5:11 pm
Battle of River Plate 13 Dec 1939: No RN Towns class there. Admiral Scheer (not a battleship) was refitting at Wilhelmshaven.
Stick to aircraft :)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: March 18th, 2015, 6:10 pm
Erased this last sentence about the battle of River Plate.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: March 19th, 2015, 9:57 am
What about the post in previous page about comparing the Mirage-Delta (RB.106) and the Mirage III(Atar)? Also thoughts about my scale up Fairey-Delta (similar with Miage IV, both supersonic medium bombers) included. Next paragraph says about the SR.177RN mostly.

[Profile] [Quote]
Maverick1965
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 7:23 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
This is the "Jet Belfast" exists in internet:

[ img ]

When I first came across this design I saw it as the British equivalent to Soviet Il-76. It actually looks like a cross between Il-76 (wings/engine configuration) and SC.5 Belfast (fuselage,tail). This is what I will do in the future, using the Il-76 as design base. I have already photos of SC.5 Belfast waiting. Obviously, propulsion will be four "Super Conway" borrowed from the Double Decker VC10.

India was interested from the beginning of program and became the largest export customer with 26 units.
Nice that my stuff has made it this far. At least the signature block remained intact.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 8:37 am
So that Maverick is you. Indeed, I linked the image intact without removing your signature. Soon the Jet Belfast will be appeared in FD-scale, but not by me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Maverick1965
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 9:46 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
So that Maverick is you. Indeed, I linked the image intact without removing your signature. Soon the Jet Belfast will be appeared in FD-scale, but not by me.
Yeppers. I've had both positive and negative experiences with my work being 'shared'. This, I'm glad to say, is one of the better ones. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 10:15 am
As one of the most prolific what-if profilers its nice to see you've made it here. I hope our FD scale section may give some inspiration and vice versa!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Maverick1965
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 1:11 pm
Hood wrote:
As one of the most prolific what-if profilers its nice to see you've made it here. I hope our FD scale section may give some inspiration and vice versa!
Thanks for that Hood. I came upon it looking for info on the Type 583. Quite a eclectic mix of stuff here to be sure.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 6:33 am
I saw also the Saro Princess in FD-scale, with civilian version, maritime patrol version and recently an AEW version. Even a land plane conversion.

The Princess MP could probably cover the OR 357 (am I remember number correctly?) except speed and flight height. Perhaps a derivative of jet Saro Duchess with RR Avon in place of DH Ghost could be a perfect match.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Some Thoughts about What If British AircraftsPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 9:00 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
The Princess MP could probably cover the OR 357 (am I remember number correctly?) except speed and flight height. Perhaps a derivative of jet Saro Duchess with RR Avon in place of DH Ghost could be a perfect match.
Not really, the RAF didn't really like flying boats in the post-war era. There were attempts to persist with them with support from some factions within the Air Staff, like the Saro P.104, but ultimately Coastal Command wanted land-based types.
Also, by the time OR.357 was formed the Princess and Duchess represented old 1940s technology. The Saro P.104 was actually quite an advanced design with its hydrodynamics and would have probably been a decent type but it was not to be.

I recommend Chris Gibson's Nimrod's Genesis for the full story of post-war anti-submarine aircraft.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 15 of 16  [ 155 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »

Jump to: