Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
ALVAMA
Post subject: Abandon the ship.Posted: January 15th, 2014, 6:32 pm
Hello Everybody!

Today I will tell you all, I’d choise to ‘’I abandon the ship’’ because of very disappointing fights over at the board. I have choised myself to leave and to make sure, any future fight event will be discard.

It is likely about 5 -up to 6 years ago, I joined Shipbucket, to learn drawing ships in every possible way and to make sure it looked good. Many people of the E-mail-group helped and support me, though nice –and hard times; Mainly talking about members: Vossiej, MConrads, Colosseum –and our good and current leader/owner Gollevainen (The comrade that does not deserved to be called ‘’Stalin’’ outside –and even inside the forum) From a shitty drawer with no English Lessions , and a crazy teen mind...and such..!

I have grown to a man (with sometimes those teen moments) But I am able to draw some boat, both inside –and outside the Standaards of Shipbucket, even I didn’t always agreed with them. Thanks to my hobby I have been able to spreak English, it isn’t perfect, since I choise to learn 5 languages, so non will be perfect and mainly all understands me well. Too bad some fights at Shipbucket was always about languages and origin of people; I may not be the smartest guy, but Atleast I am one of the hardest working ones; I respect everybody; as long he respect me too. Looking back at my first post, at the old forum, the first comment; that people asked if I was serieus, and my stuff was to cry, looking at my last post; Kruzenshtern, I am pround I have been a member for those very nice years, and without the most of you, I do never be like I am now.

Besides drawing, I got alot of friends, whish; I like, love and enjoy with all possible ways. Discussions about ships, sharing drunk moment stories at sailing and whatever you can imagine, and even I meet some people in real life, I even meet people with sailing, meets in ports and I am still studying and hope to archieve that what I love to do, I want to thank you all! Even I collected postcards, patches and books and exchanged them too, and My room is full of stuff, I only could dream about. I am not gonna to make a list of people, but those people, who would read this; know I know them! Last time, the forum is a bit a mess of problems, Some of my drawings wheren’t great at all, but that was for one simple fact; get the only talking people in a ‘’move’’ to try too, some did, and some still not and only complain.

My lastest work are full correct. As example ‘’Kruzenshtern’’ I am aboard actually, along Shtandart too. I study and work, to be Officall crew too for a long period; I have original building plans and scaled all correct, ofcource, my drawing have same ‘’small’’ deviations, that just because the ship is old, and some repairs are never be like ‘’It should be 0,1111111) and such, my drawing is Proper scaled and in propotions, and some crew even told me, that ‘’108’’ is odd and wrongly. I am not going back to it, since I did all along the crew and all agreed; so as a sailor of the, like 145 else around, I don’t think, some people of 100000 km away should tell me how to to and defence myself for something that never has to be, I could polite explain it all, but the way, how crude and.. well, the way I needed to do it, is out of proper human being. Past months I have been started to get irritated of non-drawing people.

I would always be in mood to modified and improve or even redraw stuff, when people have new and beter sources and pictures or whatever, but being crude, be nasty and complain about everthing, and even don’t post own work, it ‘s abuit a shame, and again I am not calling names, since we all know from ourselves we are good or not.

I can tell: Yes I have been an ass in the last topic; was I right? – No I was not, but I got so my reasons for that; that is what me makes to tell I am wrong; I have nothing to shame or hide about.

I won’t be active anymore; but all my friends are free to send them stuff and I’d be open for help and advice; I even make 100 picture of a ship I’d see in harbour and draw it.. I hope, after my abandon moment, we all get back to normal drawing mode and be save and be good and grown in what you like.

I just can't stand Timothy anymore with his sence-less attacks at the board; I know it makes you look big, it's just so sad

Goodbye everybody and thanks all for the great moments
Aleksandre

PS; Who knows you'd ever see me in port! :P

Last edited by ALVAMA on June 20th, 2015, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Abandon the ship.Posted: January 15th, 2014, 6:44 pm
Stop being a Drama Llama. You were given perfectly reasonable critisisms by two different persons on your drawing, and instead of answering them politely you chose to be massively childish about it.

If you leave, that choise is entirely up to you. Do not blame anyone else for your poor social graces.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Abandon the ship.Posted: January 15th, 2014, 7:03 pm
Surely we can work this out so everyone is happy?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Abandon the ship.Posted: January 15th, 2014, 7:07 pm
to be honest here, and as I said on skype some hours earlier, I actually agree with miho. while I understand things irritate you, you have not always been right as well, and I see no reasons for you to react this way.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Abandon the ship.Posted: January 15th, 2014, 9:09 pm
From time-to-time, everybody falls out. That's what happens in a close nit family. Before making any rash decisions Alex, why not wait for the dust to settle and for tempers to calm down?

I think your drawings are first class, and I would personally hate to see you go. I really DO hope I'm not wasting my breath when I ask your to please reconsider your decision.

All the best,

Andy.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Abandon the ship.Posted: January 15th, 2014, 10:41 pm
I am sorry to hear of your decision to leave. I know that you think you have been wronged, but consider your excellent contribution to Shipbucket, and all those drawing that are yet to be done. Please, reconsider, and as Andy said, don't rush into a decision. Wait a day or two, and then, and only that make a decision. It will be best for all of us.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Abandon the ship.Posted: January 16th, 2014, 1:11 am
Sorry to see your leaving, with the drawing talent you've got, it'll be missed. Come on back after things cool down.

CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Chuck ship art
Post subject: Re: Abandon the ship.Posted: January 16th, 2014, 6:11 am
Sorry to hear that but I understand.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: