Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hull shading tutorial - 45 degree rulePosted: August 11th, 2015, 10:43 am
in the image I just posted this is already mentioned IMO..... 'it is possible....' 'it is adviced to not do this on any drawing but.....'. note also the second line of the first post:
'There is something that must be kept in mind first. Hull shading is something that was not in the original sb shading rules, and is something that is not and will never be mandatory. It is also not something that is meant to let ship drawings look good. There are only 2 reasons why you should use hull shading:.........'

in addition, in my personal opinion, it might be good to have this be an official but optional style, similar to 'fore and aft' shading. why? because nobody has to be forced to use this, but when it is done it must be done good (otherwise a ship is represented wrong)

norm is actually more 'forcing' then rule (as an norm refers to what is seen as normal) IMO, but yeah I am open for suggestions.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Hull shading tutorial - 45 degree rulePosted: August 11th, 2015, 10:56 am
Ok, i re read the thing and i think it defines it well as now, so there is no need for even more clarification.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: