Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:25 pm
Having moved away from drawing only personal designs, I have quite a lot of ships to submit in the next upload session and would like to have some questions answered for future reference.

Besides a drawing meeting site standards, what are other criteria used to determine which drawings get uploaded and which do not?

Are FD scale drawings uploaded in the normal upload sessions or are FD upload session threads made in the FD section for those drawings?

Not about the upload sessions themselves, but I'm wondering why my drawing of the Swedish Royal Falcon Fleet 135 yacht was uploaded into the Real Designs/Sweden and then later moved to the museum page?

I believe it's probably because the highlighting on the windows weren't standard and because of the graded shading, but I find it odd that it actually was uploaded in the first place if that is the case. I plan on resubmitting it with any necessary corrections and the new template in the next upload session.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:38 pm
I think I can answer part of this, at least.
ONI-Defense wrote:
Besides a drawing meeting site standards, what are other criteria used to determine which drawings get uploaded and which do not?
none. being a real/never build design, being somewhat accurate (but this is only really checked on 'popular' ships, and mostly before uploading, or far after :P) are the only real criteria apart from meeting the standards. other then that, the only real reason to reject an drawing for upload would be an superior duplicate already in the archive or being uploaded, then the best is chosen IIRC.
ONI-Defense wrote:
Not about the upload sessions themselves, but I'm wondering why my drawing of the Swedish Royal Falcon Fleet 135 yacht was uploaded into the Real Designs/Sweden and then later moved to the museum page.

I believe it's probably because the highlighting on the windows weren't standard, but I find it odd that it actually was uploaded in the first place if that is the case. I plan on resubmitting it with any necessary corrections and the new template in the next upload session.
if it is not responded on by somebody who can edit the main site, I would PM one of the admins. this was most likely an mistake, as the museum folder is actually purely for drawings that have been 'replaced' or are removed for large inaccuracy's (such as crazyhorses carrier drawings) and I personally do not think your drawing fits one of those categories, so I think it was moved by mistake during the archive resorting some time ago.

[Profile] [Quote]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:55 pm
I plan on replacing the RFF135 drawing anyway so it isn't important if the current drawing is restored to the Real Designs folder. I just assumed it was moved because of the mistakes on it, but maybe that isn't the case.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 10th, 2014, 10:10 pm
there was hundreds of drawing that me and some other member here on the forum put in to the museum folder, so there is always a chance for one or two drawing have been misplaced during the cleaning. because we did not only clean the main side, we changed and fixed name on many drawings, even directly on the drawings. so a misplacing can happen.

notice, the highlighting of the window was at that time a non-standard. but can pass trough, but we recommend to no highlighting of windows, since the main reason for shipbucket is that it shall be easy for other to modify a drawing in simple programs like paint. but also so few variation of a single color as possible.

[Profile] [Quote]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 10th, 2014, 10:16 pm
That explains it. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 11th, 2014, 7:40 am
FUK tyhe upload sesino

imdrunk asfuck tirht now posting on SHITBUCET

[Profile] [Quote]
Charwhick
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 11th, 2014, 7:51 am
Colosseum wrote:
FUK tyhe upload sesino

imdrunk asfuck tirht now posting on SHITBUCET
3400/10

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 11th, 2014, 8:46 am
ONI-Defense wrote:
Are FD scale drawings uploaded in the normal upload sessions or are FD upload session threads made in the FD section for those drawings?
There are no "FD scale upload sessions" in the same sense as with the SB upload sessions. I believe they were in a way in a period when FD scale was a novelty but got discontinued (archive created that way is available HERE ).
Last year I prepared (with help from DG_Alpha) new upload (available HERE. This also isn't updated regularly, but all of it will be (at least as I understand) replaced when the Main Site will get a major overhaul. For this purpose I'm (with Administrators consent) collecting and sorting FD scale pics so when they will be needed I'll just send the ready archive to Gollevainen and Colosseum.
Until then, I'm maintaining a list of FD scale Land and Air vehicles (maybe lists of Ships and Spacecraft - and perhaps also for Gunbucket, Carbucket etc. will be created later, but it's not on my current to-do list). These lists are updated on more-or-less monthly basis and can be found in FD Forum (they are made sticky, so it's easy to find them).

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 12th, 2014, 6:19 pm
Sigh, that's embarrassing - I left my browser open before going out a few nights ago and am only now realizing that I came and yelled at you guys while really drunk.

At this point, I think it's fair to say that any work on a new uploading system has been held up almost indefinitely. We had some interesting news at work a week ago and I can't see myself having the time to work on it properly, and my developer friend who was doing most of the heavy lifting has just taken a new job himself.

It may happen later on in the future, but for now let's assume we will need to use the same system we've had since 2008.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Questions about Upload SessionsPosted: October 12th, 2014, 8:50 pm
Uh crap. I thought I had finished this up and sent it to Golly.

Standby

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: