Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Thiel
Post subject: Re: question regarding anti ship weaponsPosted: May 12th, 2015, 10:33 am
shippy2013 wrote:
Following a few pm's between myself and odysseus1980 he sent me two articles about U.S. missiles one being the Condor a for runner to the walleye and an in depth article on the Bullpup, and I think I can get away with the Bullpup up to the early 80's if I keep up with the U.S. upgrades but I can keep the Maverick as an option to it could replace Bullpup from 1973 till 1983/4 when a heavy weight Martel and Sea Eagle arrive.
Problem is, the COndor never flew and the Bullpup upgrades didn't solve its basic issues. It's still a visually, fully manually guided missile.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: question regarding anti ship weaponsPosted: May 12th, 2015, 12:40 pm
Yes, I think here's what i'm going to do.

I introduce Bullpup in 1960, (it was introduced by the U.S in '59) to arm Canberra and Buccaneer's, it is used up until 1973/4 when the AGM-65 Maverick is introduced (it was introduced to the U.S in '72), Bullpup's were still commonly seen on New Cromer's aircraft throughout the '70's but as inert training rounds due to a large number of missiles having been acquired. Then in 1978 AGM-65 is supplanted in service with the TV Martel AJ.168 (it entered service with the FAA and RAF in 1975) this is carried by the Buccaneer's of both the Air Force and Navy. This was then replaced by the more capable Sea Eagle in 1986 (it entered service with the RAF and FAA in 1984) at first on the Buccaneer but then on the Tornado GR1/1A and the A319 MPA. In 2009 the Sea Eagle was replaced by the AGM-84L Harpoon ASM (Block II) this has become the standard armament of New Cromer's A319 MPA, F/A 18E/F Hornet and Tornado GR4/4A.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: