Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Oberon_706
Post subject: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 27th, 2016, 1:34 pm
Hi guys,

I'm having a mother of a time trying to work out why no matter what image I upload to photobucket and/or link to this forum it only ever shows the same image (see example below)

This should be my DCFI AV-L Sentinel light tank... but instead it displays my AV-M Thunderer cruiser tank. WTF!!!!!
[ img ]

By contrast (and to proove its a photobucket problem) this image is linked from imgur and is intended to show my AV-H1, and does!
[ img ]

Please tell me i'm not the only photobucket user experiencing this issue. Does anyone know how to fix it?

[ img ]

DCFI (Falkland Islands) AU Nation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 27th, 2016, 2:18 pm
Dropbox my friend, dropbox.... Photobucket, is like... nah

this is what i see:
[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 27th, 2016, 5:17 pm
I see the same pictures on both posts, so I don't understand what is the problem?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 27th, 2016, 10:27 pm
That's because we are brilliant, super, wunderkind people Novice. We see everything :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Oberon_706
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 27th, 2016, 10:28 pm
Not quite sure how you're managing that Novice, but anyway it's of little consequence, i'm gonna switch to imgur or dropbox as my hosting tool. I'm fed up with photobucket, it's more trouble than it's worth.

[ img ]

DCFI (Falkland Islands) AU Nation

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 27th, 2016, 10:34 pm
Comparing the two sets - the top Oberon set is much darker than the set posted by Heuhen? at least to my old eyes.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 28th, 2016, 11:35 am
Is there a maximum amount of storage on dropbox does anybody know please? When I try to post an image now, i just get the "Image" text appear, and if I post something as a "url", then I just see the blue 'Link' :(

I've reviewed my old picture posts, and before I've always posted as an "Image" but, if I "edit" an old picture post by retyping and/or reinstalling the links as new or, copying and pasteing the original picture post, again, and press "Preview", all I see is the text "Image" posted, so I have to "X" out the page without saving any adjustment :cry:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 28th, 2016, 12:07 pm
adenandy wrote:
Is there a maximum amount of storage on dropbox does anybody know please? When I try to post an image now, i just get the "Image" text appear, and if I post something as a "url", then I just see the blue 'Link' :(

I've reviewed my old picture posts, and before I've always posted as an "Image" but, if I "edit" an old picture post by retyping and/or reinstalling the links as new or, copying and pasteing the original picture post, again, and press "Preview", all I see is the text "Image" posted, so I have to "X" out the page without saving any adjustment :cry:

Free version of dropbox have 2 GB (Normal for all free storage host, Photobucket for example have 2GB) then you can earn more storage space by doing some quest, like: "getting started-quest", "follow them on facebook", "invite friends, to use droopbox", "have an shared folder in dropbox" etc.

at the moment I have 2.4 GB available. I have had dropbox for 2+ years and have only used 0.4 GB of space on it.

Dropbox work on all mobiles, computers, etc.

The Pro version of dropbox give you 1TB of storage for 9.99EUR a month or 99EUR a year. There is also an business version with unlimited storage space.

Free accounts will always be limited in size, but you have access to you'r stuff, documents, pictures, etc. pictures that you take with you'r mobile, would be available from anywhere you are. So if you have a work where you travel a lot, and need a lot of documents, the a "pay"-version is the smart move.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 28th, 2016, 9:33 pm
heuhen wrote:
adenandy wrote:

Free version of dropbox have 2 GB (Normal for all free storage host, Photobucket for example have 2GB) then you can earn more storage space by doing some quest, like: "getting started-quest", "follow them on facebook", "invite friends, to use droopbox", "have an shared folder in dropbox" etc.

at the moment I have 2.4 GB available. I have had dropbox for 2+ years and have only used 0.4 GB of space on it.

Dropbox work on all mobiles, computers, etc.

The Pro version of dropbox give you 1TB of storage for 9.99EUR a month or 99EUR a year. There is also an business version with unlimited storage space.

Free accounts will always be limited in size, but you have access to you'r stuff, documents, pictures, etc. pictures that you take with you'r mobile, would be available from anywhere you are. So if you have a work where you travel a lot, and need a lot of documents, the a "pay"-version is the smart move.
Thank you very much Heuhen.... Very understandable and detailed response.

Thank you :D

Kind regards,

Andy

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Photobucket IssuesPosted: February 28th, 2016, 9:39 pm
As heuhen mentioned Dropbox has a limited storage space on free version, and doing some "missions", like adding friends and inviting them to Dropbox will go a long way in adding space, I now currently have 8.5 GB of space there, using the free version At first I had 101.5 GB of space but it was taken after two years of using Dropbox (must be a way used by Dropbox to coerce people into buying a Pro version).

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: