[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Found some stolen imagesPosted: September 13th, 2018, 8:56 pm
When I first started collecting SB drawings 7-8 years ago, some of the early drawings did not have the SB watermark in the right bottom corner.

Having a quick look in the main archive none of the Italian cruisers look like they have the Shipbucket watermark. So unless the author knew those drawings came from Shipbucket, why would he give SB any credit?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Found some stolen imagesPosted: September 13th, 2018, 9:35 pm
Since the new templates with the sb watermark have been introduced 7.5 years ago, I suspect basically all drawings you started collecting did not have it haha.

That said, this is exactly why the watermark was added, but what is implied here is the books author downloading the images from sb. Normally you should always list the image's source if you publish something, unless you created the image yourself.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Found some stolen imagesPosted: September 14th, 2018, 10:55 am
Just to give some people something to think about. Both the Astute Class Submarine Manual and the Type 45 User Manual contain shipbucket images, and the author, Jonathan Gates, was quite careful in obtaining permission from the artists.

Generally it's not hard to find us, and I think most wouldn't mind being published even if the only thing you get out of it is a mention in the book, and perhaps a copy of said book. I certainly think the above look cool on my bookshelf :D

If an author doesn't credit us, he's just being lazy, and you might want to wonder what else he's being lazy about.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: