Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 6:00 am
This effort is commendable, and I support it wholeheartedly! Shipbucket, indeed, has become a brand name, and I am proud of having been part of that development, and will definitely contribute!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 6:11 am
I think that there are members who have pre-paid card for Internet orders (me including), so the donation system should give also this option, charging such card.

The trol probably referred to the spambots we had and for those guys who registered and advertise anything (e.g that guy with the kitchens).

Will the new site still allow posting by some image host? There are members who have many Mb in image hosts and the 50Mb limit will probably not enough.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 5:01 pm
Quote:
I think that there are members who have pre-paid card for Internet orders (me including), so the donation system should give also this option, charging such card.
At the moment I think we'll only be accepting paypal contributions.
Quote:
The trol probably referred to the spambots we had and for those guys who registered and advertise anything (e.g that guy with the kitchens).
The forum software itself needs to be updated (on my to do list) - once that happens the occasional spambots would be blocked from ever posting by a secure captcha system (the prompts that make you prove you're a human).
Quote:
Will the new site still allow posting by some image host? There are members who have many Mb in image hosts and the 50Mb limit will probably not enough.
Again, as I've stated several times, the "50MB" limit is not set in stone but is rather a ballpark figure to give everyone an idea of how it would work. As I said earlier, we're not even sure we'll need to impose a limit for storing drawings on the server. Once we get further along we will figure this out and let everyone know.
Quote:
Also glad that it is not possible to buy influence, though would it be possible, for a certain amount, to pay for enough server space that raises ones personal limit, either individually or as a collective?
We will address this after we get a bit further along.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 6:06 pm
If the software works, will you be looking for other customers, if only to defray costs, or will the developer retain rights?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 6:24 pm
We will be the sole owners of this system. It will be a proprietary web app that's highly customized to fit Shipbucket and Shipbucket only - it will not be marketed to other users. When the site is delivered, ownership of the code and intellectual property will transfer to Gollevainen.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 7:31 pm
Ok, so indeed intresting times we live in. The donations can be send in paypall to admin@shipbucket.com account and all cents counts, so lets do this and get it working! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 8:11 pm
And we need to re-register in new site, right?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 8:21 pm
Quote:
And we need to re-register in new site, right?
Yes. New logins will need to be created to 1) submit new drawings for the real designs sections and 2) to claim your personal storage space on the server.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 9:24 pm
My drawings are 99.5% for Alternate Scenario (assume that this section will be remain in new site).

Any timeline for the creation of the new site? And the old would soldier on for some time in parrallel until it closed or it will dissappear in one night like Majhost?

Also many drawings and discussions from the older site (when MConrads was active) are still visible. Some discussionsay have drawings while others not.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 5th, 2017, 10:04 pm
Quote:
My drawings are 99.5% for Alternate Scenario (assume that this section will be remain in new site).
Yes, alternate universe scenarios will be supported in the new site. They will be the responsibility of their owner to update via their own upload control panel.
Quote:
Any timeline for the creation of the new site? And the old would soldier on for some time in parrallel until it closed or it will dissappear in one night like Majhost?
We will keep everyone updated as work progresses. I don't have a concrete "date" by which it will be delivered but the ballpark estimate is several weeks to a few months.

The existing site will disappear (much like Majhost) so there will be some disruption to links on the forum, unfortunately. The only way to prevent this is to leave the existing collection in place as a locked archive, which I personally am against because I don't like duplicating work.
Quote:
Also many drawings and discussions from the older site (when MConrads was active) are still visible. Some discussionsay have drawings while others not.
What exactly does this mean?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: