Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 13th, 2017, 7:12 pm
Setting up Shipbucket as a 501(c)(3) would mean we'd need to incorporate it in a US state (no small task), file for tax-exempt status with the American IRS (which alone incurs fees between $400-800 and takes 3-12 months), and finally to register with the Texas state agency (assuming we registered it in the USA under my name) that administers non-profits and charities. We would then be subject to annual reporting requirements from the said state agency, and face a slew of possible violations that would see us hit with fines and possible loss of tax exempt status.

In short, we are not going to do this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 13th, 2017, 8:28 pm
Also, to add that if we would do this in Finland (registering as organisation), we would then need to be active for 1 whole year before we could even apply money collection permission from the police. As a registered organisation we wouldnt be able to make this sort of collection at all. So the costs and burden that would come from it is simply not the purpose of it at all.
So pay you taxes as you should or evade them with other excuses ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 13th, 2017, 8:34 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
In short, we are not going to do this.
OK, I had got it the first time. Just saying that TimothyC isn't the only one here interested, although maybe for different reasons. Case closed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: March 13th, 2017, 8:40 pm
I just wanted to clarify the process required in the USA so it didn't seem like we were just brushing it off out of sheer laziness. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: April 25th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Hi all -

Just to give a quick update, work is progressing quite nicely and our developer has completed a test installation to give you an idea of what the site will look like. All features are currently restricted to admins only, but please take a look:

http://www.test.shipbucket.com/

The site design is not set in stone and will likely change. Currently this is a basic installation with no fancy features. But we are finally progressing on this years-long project!

As always, any donations you can spare to help cover the cost of the work are much appreciated and should be sent to admin@shipbucket.com.

Thanks all!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: April 25th, 2017, 7:00 pm
It work nice on mobile

[Profile] [Quote]
HyperHiggsHelix
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: April 26th, 2017, 1:55 am
heuhen wrote: *
It work nice on mobile
Certainly does. The design is very nice too.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: May 1st, 2017, 11:31 am
It looks very promising Colo! Can't wait to see more!

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: May 1st, 2017, 11:40 am
Just one thing. When you go to drawing site and want to see a bick drawing, like for example a US Battleship. ... I feel the drawing should be on center than from somewhere around center and out to the side. It would feel more ...clean!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New Shipbucket Website Coming SoonPosted: May 1st, 2017, 11:58 am
It looks good and seems easy to use (of course I guess you'll add more buttons and stuff later).
The aesthetic and layout is much better than the current site and certainly looks more professional.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 7  [ 66 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: