Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
abourdon
Post subject: french destroyer project 1914 1917 (?)Posted: April 6th, 2017, 4:45 pm
Hi,

I'm pretty new on your forum (just lurking around to see what your community have made) and searching my way for a question/contact link on the site or a similare topic to avoid flooding on the others, my question is about some design I found on the website and i'm glad to read that the new one will give more information on each design. But, a litlle voice in my head just saying to me: "this design could desappaered during the rework, don't loose them", I've searched on the internet and I didn't find anything on the forum and google.

Here is what I'm talking about :

[ img ]
[ img ]

I'm a little passionate of warships in this last year, and looking for ships of world navys especially ww1 an ww2 period and I never heard about them. They look like variant of Aventurier Class DD.

I will be glad to know the story of the design (who, when, why, for what plan, etc), the general overview (speed, armement, other equipement...)

So if you have any serious page (i'm not interested by alternative universe or uchronic world) let me know, or if you have informations please share your knowledge :)

Thanks.

Edit : images taken from here : http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... roject.png and http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... roject.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: french destroyer project 1914 1917 (?)Posted: April 7th, 2017, 5:55 pm
Hello abourdon!

Both projects are mentioned in reference books (the smaller one in a contemporary edition of Weyer's, the larger one in Conway's 1906-1922); the statistics (size, armament, speed) are historical, the rest is an educated guess. There are no plans of either in the www, as far as I can tell. The drawings represent my personal opinion how they might have looked. Don't take them as a reference.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
abourdon
Post subject: Re: french destroyer project 1914 1917 (?)Posted: May 31st, 2017, 11:00 am
Hello Garlicdesign

Thank you for your quick answer, I've heard about the second book on different forum, but the first one, never saw this name or I forgot it, sometime my memory does'nt work as well as I want. So I made a rapid search on google, Conway's looks good but it is out of my budget, Weyer's editions seems to be more affordable, and in a not so far future, I'll surely get one, so thank you to talk me about this book.
Quote:
the statistics (size, armament, speed)
that's what I'm looking for :) I've made search on Shipbucket forum but found nothing about this two ships, so if you have this 3 statistics nearby it will be christmass for me :D If you don't have time for that (and it's not a reproach, I'm currently swimming in a flood of homeworks) don't worry, i'll find what I'm searching for in the Weyer's book when i'll qet it.

Greetings

P.S. : for armament I want to know the number and the caliber, of all armements planned on this ships

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: