Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Lazer_one
Post subject: SB cited as source in one of the main italian newspaperPosted: August 14th, 2017, 7:56 am
I am very positevely surprised to see an SB drawing in one of the most diffused Italian newspaper named Corriere della Sera with the proper source citation 😉
Here is the link
http://www.corriere.it/cronache/17_agos ... 0580.shtml

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: SB cited as source in one of the main italian newspaperPosted: August 14th, 2017, 6:02 pm
Why not? the quality of the drawings in the bucket is better than the drawings even of well known almanaques like Jane's FS! ;)
Cheers, and congrats to the Bucket & bucketeers!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: SB cited as source in one of the main italian newspaperPosted: August 14th, 2017, 6:09 pm
Sadly, that drawing is not a benchmark of high quality (although it was quite a fine drawing back when it was made, I suppose)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: SB cited as source in one of the main italian newspaperPosted: August 14th, 2017, 8:54 pm
Although Corriere della Sera newspaper sited as source Shipbucket, but it is still with infringement of the Fair User Agreement, here at Shipbucket.
They should have posted the drawing as is, with template and artist name.
None the less the idea of Shipbucket has just taken a big step forward, to be a creditable source of drawing of all things afloat.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: SB cited as source in one of the main italian newspaperPosted: August 14th, 2017, 10:37 pm
Regardless of the 'quality' of the drawing, it's great to see SB work used in high profile publications. I personally am thankful that at least some attribution was sent back to us.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: