This is a beautiful drawing. I particularly like how the superstructure fits within a single container-length block - this wouldn't be critical from a design perspective, but I can totally imagine it shaking out this way in real life for ease of design and construction.
A few thoughts...
- Perhaps most importantly, it's impossible to imagine such a ship would go to sea without an auxiliary power unit, probably (IMHO) a 1000kW-class diesel. A small exhaust high on the superstructure would be appropriate, perhaps 6px in diameter. An alternative might be to move the superstructure aft 6-8 compartments, locating the reactor perhaps a compartment forward of it (I'd maintain one full compartment between crewed spaces and the reactor room, but no more). The motor room (be it electrical or turbine) might then sit below the superstructure, which is currently dead volume. The auxiliary diesel could then be a direct-drive unit (if your main shaft is steam turbine driven).
- I think in practice the navigation light would be located on (or perhaps above) the bridge wing, rather than the main block.
- I'm not actually sure if such ships carry both lifeboats and life rafts (I don't think they do).
- She probably needs a SOLAS boat, although it might be on the port side.
- The superstructure radars are dubious, I think (they're sort of generic parts-sheet drawings, rather than representative of real navigation sets). I've got some real S- and X-band navigation radars drawn, if you're interested. I guess to some extent that depends on the era you have in mind for this ship (it looks like it belongs in the present day).
- I don't really like how 01 and 02 are 18' rather than 12' as the decks above them; I'd insert a deck here and have three 12' decks.
- There's no reason for 01 to have deck-edge chocks like it does right now - a structural designer would do everything he or she could to not involve the superstructure in ship-wide loads.
- It's sort of odd, I think, that there are no superstructure doors below 06. Why have external walkways and ladders below this if no access is required? Either the crew needs to access those important spaces, or the spaces are not important and so the companionways might as well be internal.
- From an artistic perspective, I'd prefer to show deck demarcations on the superstructure at every level or not at all (this is just personal preference).
- The crane on 04 floats oddly; I'm not sure what it's for in any case.
- I'd bump the bow navigation radar up a deck level; it's super light, and I can't imagine a reason for it to be shielded from aft views by the aerodynamic breakwater behind it.
Anyway, this is really attractive and interesting! I am glad you finally put it all together.
I might humbly suggest that a friendly mod split off the last page or so of this into a new Personal Designs thread...?