Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
AF92
Post subject: A Question Regarding Anti-AliasingPosted: December 6th, 2017, 10:22 am
Hello fellow members, I have recently bought a new high-end graphic card laptop and replaced the old one. However whenever I browse shipbucket, drawings now appear to be awfully anti-aliased. I use Chrome browser. Is there any way to get this problem solved ? Is it because of the browser or my pc graphics ?

Any help is appreciated. :)
Sincerely

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: A Question Regarding Anti-AliasingPosted: December 6th, 2017, 2:51 pm
I've noticed this too on newer laptops - I think it has something to do with Windows 10 and tablet/mobile functionality. If you haven't already, try turning off ClearType from the PC settings (though be aware this will affect the entire machine and not just Shipbucket).

I encountered this on one of those laptops whose screen can be flipped around to become a tablet (a Dell) - and haven't seen it on "regular" PCs. I have a feeling it's something to do with screen compression for the tablet mode or something, but I don't know for sure. Probably worth a few casual Google searches.

[Profile] [Quote]
AF92
Post subject: Re: A Question Regarding Anti-AliasingPosted: December 6th, 2017, 4:11 pm
Hi !
Thanks for input. I indeed attempted to change my ClearType settings. However, that only effects letter characters and unfortunately, I did not observe any changes on the display of SB Drawings. The only solution (temporarily) that I use for now is to change the browser's zooming to %80 percent on Chrome which makes drawings look really really small if not anti-aliased.
I also attempted to change Nvidia anti-aliasing settings and intel hd graphics screen resolution settings which did not help either.
Some people from tech forums on the web suggested to use CSS (or CCS) settings of the browser by using the integrated dev tools to fix the display of drawings by changing the image rendering code to " : pixelated". However I did not attempt to do such as I don't have much info about coding and I did not want to irreparably damage my browser settings. :)

It has indeed something to do with screen resolution/display rendering because standard settings of my older laptop showed SB Drawings crystal clear at much lower screen resolution whereas 1080p of the newer one shows them anti aliased. And the same low settings I used on my older PC now shows them completely messed up on the new one. :S
Guess I have to retain my older PC to properly browse SB and produce drawings. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: A Question Regarding Anti-AliasingPosted: December 6th, 2017, 5:07 pm
I would give the browser settings a shot if I were you - probably worth trying, vs. keeping an old PC around just to browse this forum.

I anticipate more of these types of issues as hardware gets better and better and screen resolutions increase. Shipbucket art was cutting edge in 1995 - no reason to think it will remain so forever.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: A Question Regarding Anti-AliasingPosted: December 7th, 2017, 8:54 am
I know this may seem a stupid question but have you checked the zoom on your browser page?
I've noticed on my new laptop Chrome set itself to 110% as default, enough to make most larger drawings here a little blurry.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
AF92
Post subject: Re: A Question Regarding Anti-AliasingPosted: December 7th, 2017, 10:26 am
Hi Hood !

Yes, at the beginning my browser zoom was indeed set at %110 or %125 automatically however; when I scaled it back to %100 blurring/anti-aliasing still ocurred. It only disappeared after I reduced it back to %80 on chrome which made the drawings look really small. (On the same screen size of my older laptop--15.6)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: