Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
Colosseum
Post subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Notice of Shipbucket server migration this weekend (Feb 3-4)Posted: February 2nd, 2018, 11:49 pm
Hi all -

In order to accommodate the up and coming Shipbucket Wiki, we will be migrating servers this weekend. The planned start time for the migration is 18:00 UTC on Saturday, February 3. We are expecting 5-6 hours of site and forum downtime while the nameservers are changed over, but please understand that there is a possibility the site will be down for longer.

As usual, the Shipbucket Discord server will remain available during the migration. Please feel free to join and check in on status. https://discord.gg/5PHq8Dk

Thanks in advance for everyone's patience and support!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Notice of Shipbucket server migration this weekend (Feb 3-4)Posted: February 10th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Did the migration go ok?
The only reason I ask is because all the links to the main archive are broken, saying that the server IP address could not be found.

I managed to find the forum again through one link that was working but nothing else works for any of the main Shipbucket.com site.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Notice of Shipbucket server migration this weekend (Feb 3-4)Posted: February 10th, 2018, 2:56 pm
Thumbnails on the main archive don't work for me. Maybe those weren't migrated to the new site well.
I also have issues when trying to upload a new drawing to the main archive.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Notice of Shipbucket server migration this weekend (Feb 3-4)Posted: February 10th, 2018, 3:39 pm
We are having some issues getting the name servers pointed to the correct location. Gollevainen and watchwood are working on it now.

In the meantime, access the board/site/wiki through the IP address of the new server: http://67.205.157.234/

Re: broken thumbnails etc, try a hard refresh on your browser/clear cache (Shift + F5 or Ctrl + R).

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Notice of Shipbucket server migration this weekend (Feb 3-4)Posted: February 10th, 2018, 7:04 pm
The "ship type" thumbnail links were not properly updated to reflect their new location, but have been fixed.

We are still trying to sort out the issues with DNS propagation. In the meantime, use the IP provided in the previous post.

One thing we have noticed is that "www.shipbucket.com" does not work, but "shipbucket.com" (without the "www") works every time. We'll keep investigating and let everyone know when we've found a fix.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Notice of Shipbucket server migration this weekend (Feb 3-4)Posted: February 10th, 2018, 8:31 pm
Thank you Ian. The thumbnails are now showing, after I did a hard refresh.
The uploading of images to the main site is still having issues, as I can complete the whole process, but the image uploading itself is not working. When I select the image for upload and open it, it usually used to show, but there is nothing, and hitting the "submit" button results in an error message.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Notice of Shipbucket server migration this weekend (Feb 3-4)Posted: February 10th, 2018, 9:22 pm
I'm also unable to upload drawings - forwarded to dev for a look.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: