Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Thiel
Post subject: Literature request. Books on Cold War Fast Attack Craft/Missile BoatsPosted: February 26th, 2018, 11:31 am
I'm primarily looking for something that goes into the strategic thinking behind them. A comparison between the approach taken by NATO members and WARPAC members would be nice as well.

Books on the individual classes and ships are less relevant to me, but still welcome

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Literature request. Books on Cold War Fast Attack Craft/Missile BoatsPosted: March 4th, 2018, 10:20 am
There was some good analysis in Navies in the Nuclear Age: Warships Since 1945, Robert Garnder (ed.) in Conway's History of the Ship series.

The Fast Attack Craft chapter was written by Stuart Slade. It covers the West and East, torpedo and missile craft and other related concepts like hydrofoils and surface effect ships. The chapter looks at the technology and strategy aspects, rather than the boats themselves. The chapter is 12 pages.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: