Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 12  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 912 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 15th, 2018, 7:18 pm
@Hood
That's ok. Even with the best of luck I wouldn't expect the re-upload to be completed before the end of the year.

@Heuhen
Great! Thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 18th, 2018, 7:16 pm
Hi all!

I'm done with my stuff. Please do not upload any old stuff of mine I smuggled into the archive years ago; anything I did not upload needs to be redrawn.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 20th, 2018, 3:03 pm
Thanks gents for all your hard work. At this rate we'll have everything back soon!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 20th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Eswube (I think), small comment,
http://shipbucket.com/drawings/3271
The SAR 1500 class was not build by damen, so why does it have damen in the class name? Neither was the Arie visser, so why? Damen is not the only yard in the Netherlands.
These vessels were developed by and for the KNRM, the dutch rescue organisation, so I added that to their class name before. Would SAR not be their subtype and not be part of the class name?
The Valentijn class I also edited http://shipbucket.com/drawings/3178, the Valentijn 2000 class is the enlarged version of these ships, I drew the original. The rest I left unmodified for now, because I wanted to keep discussion open on how it should be instead of just editing ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 20th, 2018, 4:06 pm
@Acelanceloet
Polish SAR-1500's were built by Damen.
Well, it's indeed my fault that when I read that Polish SAR-1500's (with "SAR-" particle as part of class designation) were built at shipyard belonging to Damen conglomerate and "under Damen license" I assumed it was their design.
(And I'd argue about calling them SAR ships in the sub-type because, for example Polish ones are border guard vessels and as such are used primarily for wholly different tasks)
As for the Arie Visser - true, I didn't investigated it more deeply, but I read somewhere they are related to 1500's, so again made an erroneous assumption.

Unfortunately, this time, number of volunteers willing to participate in the upload is markedly smaller than previously, which results in higher workload, and therefore probability of error, on those that actually do something. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 20th, 2018, 4:16 pm
The arie vissers were modified, enlarged johannes frederik class ships, The SAR-1500 were modified Johannes Frederik, possibly the 1500's were damen build. indeed.... the good thing in this case might be to split the 1500's from the Johannes frederik for that reason?

and I know, keep up the good work, I try to help out by (slowly) uploading my own stuff and checking that what is uploaded for errors I can fix or stuff that needs discussion ;) Sadly, between designing actual ships, having enough sleep and helping out students with their projects, I don't have that much time to spend on it haha.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 20th, 2018, 4:22 pm
Ok, we can make Johannes Frederik, Arie Visser and SAR-1500 as separate classes.
Would You consider it ok to make the class names as following:

Johannes Frederik
Arie Visser (Johannes Frederik)
SAR-1500 (Johannes Frederik)

(brackets emphasizing the relationship between the designs)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 20th, 2018, 4:25 pm
on SAR-1500, sure, Arie Visser really is an distinct and separate design ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 20th, 2018, 4:30 pm
Ok, so let it be.

Btw. if You'll fix any errors, please either mention it here or PM me, so I wouldn't accidentialy un-fix it later (or so I could express separate opinion about that fixing ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Site archive wipedPosted: October 20th, 2018, 4:44 pm
ok.
I just put the Irene in the Grasshopper class (as should be)
I was also wondering about putting the Eendracht in sailing yacht (I suspect it should be in sailing ships, it's an charterable tall ship) and I am wondering if 'marlin class' would be correct for the dockwise ships, IIRC there are some distinct type variations between the ones with marlin in the name.
I have also put the Alkmaar class you put in 1990, into 2009 (as I drew that after I had walked under and over one on the yard, I wasn't born in 1990)
Btw, be careful with the Dokkum/Wildervank notation, these 2 were externally the same, but had major differences that do not show up in an sb drawing. The Wildervanks were all decomissioned early, while the dokkums were modified a lot, so only the first drawing (as build) has the 2 classes looking the same. Should all Dokkum drawings then be under '/Wildervank' as well?

I also put the Urania under military operator, as the Dutch Navy operates her.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 12  [ 117 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 912 »

Jump to: