Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Post-Cold War Large Surface Combatant ChallengePosted: April 19th, 2020, 5:27 pm
I've been quiet (work has been crazy), but I do intend to submit an entry to this challenge. I realized my desk is starting to look pretty silly, and I thought I'd share.

[ img ]

That's fifteen pounds of Friedman right there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Re: Post-Cold War Large Surface Combatant ChallengePosted: April 19th, 2020, 10:01 pm
I look forward to it. I also look forward to the slew of new parts and ideas that I'll be able to appropriate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Post-Cold War Large Surface Combatant ChallengePosted: April 20th, 2020, 4:08 am
I envy that desk :D I've been reduced to one small desk that barely holds my single screen, mouse and keyboard...but all reference material is located on various improvised stools and holds which drives the mrs crazy :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Re: Post-Cold War Large Surface Combatant ChallengePosted: April 20th, 2020, 5:21 pm
It is a magnificent desk! Full-sized solid wood American door (78x30", about 200x76cm) on top of a motorized stand-up mechanism. After many coats of polyurethane, it's seen no discernible wear and tear after almost a decade. Last year I made an office chair "mat" out of a 1/2" thick sheet of plywood and the same technique. It's holding up great; I'm never buying another of those stupid translucent plastic mats for as long as I live.

The stuff on top of the desk is good too :)

Blackbuck, thank you for the kind words. I tend to feel like I'm cheating off of you for inspiration.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion”

Jump to: