Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Jurten
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: March 1st, 2014, 11:25 am
heuhen wrote:
want to free up space:
- Remove the totally no idea what I am doing here aircraft you have between both superstructure.
- Remove cargo deck, no warship have that. except a supply ship. (if you can't afford an supply ship, then you can't afford this ship either)
- Use only one type of helicopter and have two of them, no need for more. or you become an helicopter carrier.

don't know about that radar, but so 60's
note shipbucket have a ton of top down view. USE THEM! so things start to look good.

Iran would never build a ship that doesn't work, and have a lot of wasted space. something this ship are. you are talking about not enough space for RHIB in superstructure, then draw a ship that have the similar equipment as an frigate wt 140 crew, while the ship size say 400+ crew. oh when an 80-90 meter corvette can have there RHIB on deck you can to.
Bavar-2 is not an aircraft its a WIG, more of a boat. Its really on there for decoration like the containers but to use from there it would be lowered over the side with a (mobile) crane.

Multipurpose ship is part supply ship. A bit of Bay-class, a bit of Kirov, a bit of helicopter destroyer, a fair bit of oiler if possible. Soft-power expeditionary cruiser.

Iran doesn't have much phased array yet which implies 60s. The helicopters are basically there for size and to show they can be accommodated.

The problem with the space I mentioned is: I want variable draft, - means a cargo-like profile below the waterline. I want a lot of deck (useful). The transition from one to the other ( from 30->23 meter beam - see that front view) has simple curves at the moment that are artsy but wasteful.

Last edited by Jurten on March 1st, 2014, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jurten
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: March 1st, 2014, 11:35 am
heuhen wrote:
Jurten wrote:
The davits: are 10m up - a long way which is good and bad. Frame-type (?) davits handle long drops best. Yes exposed but having them out like that means they can just drop and go.
A RHIB is never dropped down but lifter carefully down.

and if the ship is an expeditionary ship it will travel in the pacific ocean and in the Atlantic ocean even in the gulf. and at both place you can get waves from 10 meter up to more than 30 meters.
Mean that the drop of rope from the davit (crane) to the water is a long way. No boat is actually dropped.

Maybe the alcoves do need doors. The old way, bringing the boats right inside if there looks to be a storm and only having them out when its suitable for them - I like that more and more. Simple.

Edit: now theres doors

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: March 1st, 2014, 4:14 pm
I have quite a few comments but I first have an question: are you planning to bring the drawing up to sb standards? it is hard to comment on something hurting my eyes still.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cunardfan
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 12:38 am
acelanceloet wrote:
I have quite a few comments but I first have an question: are you planning to bring the drawing up to sb standards? it is hard to comment on something hurting my eyes still.
Doesn't look like it.

Cunard Line Ascania (final 1950s configuration)
Cunard Line RMS Aquitania

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 12:42 am
He posted this in his first post, so I don't think so.
Quote:
Copyright - I find it difficult and annoying to carry prior credit over on drawings. My aim has been to remove residual copyright through the "transformative derivative" fair use path. At this point there should not be, but, if someone sees something they think is not transformed enough speak up and I'll rework it some more. While I have originally drawn from other ships most parts have obviously been rescaled and retouched, and ALL have been through colour degradation. At the moment the drawing is not up to shipbucket standard partly for this reason - WIP.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jurten
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 1:27 am
acelanceloet wrote:
I'll do it after spiraling the design. Theres no point putting in a lot of careful detail and colors and then wrecking it by scaling height 5% or replacing a radar. Some of the radars are still place holders. Same with lifeboats, soft-killl, winches etc etc. Also radar signature.

And I just found out about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_071_ ... sport_dock

which is kind of a spanner in the works in terms of rationale. With a VLS in the bow added at construction or afterwards, ordered direct from a Chinese shipyard..

I'm having problems finding dimensions for the DN80 and gearbox assemblies. The diesels are OK. But it looks like the fuel will fit.

[Profile] [Quote]
KonPtol
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 9:52 pm
Nice ship design,however i was shocked by the lack of main gun armament.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 10:52 pm
KonPtol wrote: *
congratulation for necromance a 3 year old post!

[Profile] [Quote]
KonPtol
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: August 25th, 2017, 4:20 pm
heuhen wrote: *
KonPtol wrote: *
congratulation for necromance a 3 year old post!
Why not?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: IRIN MoravidPosted: August 25th, 2017, 4:38 pm
Don't revive old threads please. Often times the author is long gone and there's no need to dredge up the discussion. If you have a question, start a new thread and put a link back to this one.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 40 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: