Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 86 of 123  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page « 184 85 86 87 88123 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 17th, 2014, 4:56 am
It's also worth noting that the sort of plywood that's capable of taking the strain of high subsonic flight has more in common with advanced composits than the 3' by 6' sheets you by at the hardware store and they take every bit as much skilled manpower to fabricate.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 12:49 pm
VF-11 Thunderbolt from the Macross series:
[ img ]
Quote:
In the early 2020's, the U.N. Government found itself requiring a new type of variable fighter with a combat profile much different from that of the current VF-5000 fighter. In 2022, development began on the VF-11 Thunderbolt, a design descended directly from the original VF-1 Valkyrie (though the two Battroid mode silhouettes are similar, the structures vary greatly). After the VF-1, few variable fighter airframes were multi-environment and were limited operating either in the air or in space. The VF-11 Thunderbolt broke from the norm and was a legitimate multipurpose successor to the VF-1. The program proceded on schedule and the VF-11's first flight was made in 2028. Early in the development process, then Captain Milia Jenius of the Eagle Nest Aerial Tactics Center became one of many vocal advocates for the inclusion of the forward canard wing on the VF-11, a design choice which caused heated debate. While the canard wing enhanced the VF-11's maneuverability considerably in an atmosphere, the increased air resistance also limited the fighter's maximum speed. Fortunately, Captain Jenius piloted the No. 2 VFX-11 prototype (fitted with a canard, unlike the No. 1 prototype) in an operation to rescue a U.N. chief advisor. The flight data collected during this operation convinced the U.N.G. to adopt the VF-11 with the canard wing implemented. In December 2030 mass production of the VF-11 began and the Thunderbolt officially replaced the VF-4 Lightning III as the main variable fighter of the U.N. Spacy.
Read more

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 6:14 pm
You're my hero.

No kidding, but I always thought about what it would be like to do the Macross in Sb-scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 8th, 2014, 2:33 pm
My first attempt at a monoplane so go easy on me.

The Antioch-Sinclair AS-1 Ravens Talon is a single seat monoplane fighter, the first design by the team of William Antioch and Geoffrey Sinclair it marks the first step in a new era of aircraft manufacture and design. (Better back story will come later)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 8th, 2014, 5:24 pm
Your version is way too blocky.

This is more as it's supposed to look:
[ img ]

It's not all that bad a start, although I recommend that you keep it plain scheme while you work on it.

Edit: Also, this aircraft, with the fact that you have no rearward vision, would also have a spine running behind the cockpit to the rudder, much like the Spitfires or the P-47s.
If they had it as you have it now, they would without a doubt put in a canopy with 360 view.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 14th, 2014, 11:33 pm
I know a couple of pipe fitters who'd love to make hulls for you. :D
In all seriousness, you need to work on the shaping a lot.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kamikazi
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 15th, 2014, 2:08 pm
Judah14 wrote:
VF-11 Thunderbolt from the Macross series:
[ img ]
Quote:
In the early 2020's, the U.N. Government found itself requiring a new type of variable fighter with a combat profile much different from that of the current VF-5000 fighter. In 2022, development began on the VF-11 Thunderbolt, a design descended directly from the original VF-1 Valkyrie (though the two Battroid mode silhouettes are similar, the structures vary greatly). After the VF-1, few variable fighter airframes were multi-environment and were limited operating either in the air or in space. The VF-11 Thunderbolt broke from the norm and was a legitimate multipurpose successor to the VF-1. The program proceded on schedule and the VF-11's first flight was made in 2028. Early in the development process, then Captain Milia Jenius of the Eagle Nest Aerial Tactics Center became one of many vocal advocates for the inclusion of the forward canard wing on the VF-11, a design choice which caused heated debate. While the canard wing enhanced the VF-11's maneuverability considerably in an atmosphere, the increased air resistance also limited the fighter's maximum speed. Fortunately, Captain Jenius piloted the No. 2 VFX-11 prototype (fitted with a canard, unlike the No. 1 prototype) in an operation to rescue a U.N. chief advisor. The flight data collected during this operation convinced the U.N.G. to adopt the VF-11 with the canard wing implemented. In December 2030 mass production of the VF-11 began and the Thunderbolt officially replaced the VF-4 Lightning III as the main variable fighter of the U.N. Spacy.
Read more
Are you working on any more Macross related drawings?

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 15th, 2014, 3:40 pm
Kamikazi wrote:
Most likely variable fighters, since most of the Macross ships are on the scale of around 250 to 4000+ meters.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 15th, 2014, 4:03 pm
Judah14 wrote:
Kamikazi wrote:
Most likely variable fighters, since most of the Macross ships are on the scale of around 250 to 4000+ meters.
well, there has been some work in the past on the daedalus, prometheus and the submarine from zero.......

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: April 27th, 2014, 6:36 pm
My try on the DHC-2 Beaver

A damn small piece of plane, so what do you think

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 86 of 123  [ 1226 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 184 85 86 87 88123 »

Jump to: