Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 9:32 pm
sb standards have that black line which shows the waterline. boot topping or not, you have drawn that, isn't that enough?

also, right now, following shipbucket rules, you have small poles sticking out at the waterline :P if people can go wrong with the regular boot topping, they certainly can go wrong with 'mini pole torpedo's' :P

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 9:38 pm
Perhaps a word from a newbie, Why not handle the water line marker as you would a dimension line in drafting (i.e. with a 2 pixel space between the hull and the marker)?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Well, I'm not completely impossible. Is it better this way? (p.1)

I personally don't like it that much, I'd rather have the detached WL-markers with stepped lines beneath, but that'd make this a non-shipbucket drawing *sigh*

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 12:19 pm
Excellent work, Bezo. You've done the ship proud :-)

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 2:18 pm
16 battleships all in line
In Gunatanamo Bay looked might fine
But for me a cruiser every time
In the Armored Cruiser Squadron

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 2:50 pm
Lovely! Sums it up neatly, my sentiments for these ships!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 8:08 pm
Hello Bezo!

Very well done, and the underwater shading is much better now! Looking forward to the others! By the way - for what that's worth - I like the hull colour. You have to tone down a little in order to do all the shades and the occasional highlights, and I think a slight cream/champagne represents actual white better than any kind of light gray.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 8:16 pm
GD, your informed opinion is highly valued, so, yes, it's worth quite a lot!

Thank you for your compliments. Yes, I was aiming at such an effect, I called it off-white or even antic-white, but cream/champagne will describe it very well!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 8:50 pm
One more slight tweak. Realized I've forgotten to shade the funnel caps! :oops: :o :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 25th, 2014, 2:22 am
Ooh - my favorite ACRs are appearing now! Huzzah!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »

Jump to: