Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 25th, 2014, 2:27 am
... and expect more variants of all six sisters! Just be patient with me and my progress!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 28th, 2014, 1:35 am
Thank you guys, who advised me on Dropbox. I had already an unused public folder in it, so now it's getting used...oh, btw, updated the Pennsy with some more corrections...

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: April 28th, 2014, 1:39 am
Great drawing, bezobrazov. You've captured to old girl in fine style and it's always nice to see those "turn of the century' warships.

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 1:01 pm
Here are a couple more of the Pennsylvania-class. First we have the USS West Virginia (ACR-5), showing her outfit as a fleet-flagship, US Asiatic Fleet (Formerly 4th Cruiser Division, Atlantic Fleet), flying the (temporary) four-star flag of Acting Adm. Willard H. Brownson, 1905-07. Besides the obvious differences that she shared with the California, Maryland and South Dakota, with regards to her sisters, Pennsylvania and Colorado, she now sports a prominent aft flying bridge with a "cabin" at the aft end. The "cabin" was a combined admiral's plotting-chart house and radio station, and she has four Marconi transmitters on either tip of her fore- and aft bridge wings.
[ img ]

...and here's the USS Colorado (ACR-7) as a close comparison of the differences between Belleville-equipped ships and Niclausse-boilered ones... a few significant differences can be noted between the Colorado and Pennsylvania, such as the position of her forward top cowlings and, most obviously in her boat complement.
[ img ]

The Free State Cruiser, USS Maryland (ACR-8) was unique among the Big Ten in not having the shield with the Stars and Stripes as part of her bow scroll. Instead she displayed proudly her home state's coat of arms. Other than that she was very similar to the WeVee.
[ img ]

Last edited by bezobrazov on May 3rd, 2014, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:02 pm
They look great!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:07 pm
Woah... beautiful work, Bezo! I'm usually no fan of ships of this time period, but these are truly magnificient crafts - and drawings! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 4:21 pm
Excellent additions bezobrazov! Those were some good looking ACRs indeed.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 9:04 pm
Maryland has joined the group!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 4th, 2014, 7:16 am
For some reason I had managed to skip this thread untill now. What a shame, since it clearly continues the marvelous spring of USN in SB. Well done.
Thought what is this recent hype of everyone starting to change their credital names ?:lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 4th, 2014, 11:25 am
Golly: in my case it's because I feel that I've matured enough as an artist that I can - and want to take full personal credit (and responsibility) for my works, and allow our community to know who I am! I admit: it's a large part pride, but I think its permissible.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »

Jump to: