Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 14  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: March 11th, 2015, 11:45 am
Sumeragi wrote:
Heads up: Further research seems to indicate that there were concepts made in 1940~1941 of a 15,000 ton cruiser. In other words, this Type Kou isn't as fictional as we originally thought. Now, the design as it is would be made up, but it's "creative interpretations" based on historical concepts.
Well, at least it would be something. There is a way to obtain some of those concept to be used as a starting point?

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: March 12th, 2015, 4:16 pm
Nothing even close to Springstyle drawings for now. I'll let you know if I find something.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrentD15
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: August 24th, 2015, 2:05 pm
Speaking of Never-built designs, I've just read up about this on Wikipedia about the Akagi.
Quote:
The ship's anti-aircraft guns were grouped amidships and placed relatively low on the hull. Thus, the guns could not be brought to bear directly forward or aft. Also, the island blocked the forward arcs of the port battery. As a result, the ship was vulnerable to attack by dive bombers. The ship's 12 cm 10th Year Type guns were scheduled to be replaced by more modern 12.7 cm (5.0 in) Type 89 mounts in 1942. The anti-aircraft sponsons were to be raised one deck to allow them some measure of cross-deck fire as was done during Kaga‍ '​s modernization. However, the ship was lost in combat before the upgrade could take place.
Kinda makes me wonder what other modifications would've taken place. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: August 24th, 2015, 4:47 pm
There is a nice model in one of the Model Graphix magazines showing an Akagi post Midway upgrade, with quite a few 25mm triple AA (even on the bow and aft IIRC) mounts and the more modern 12.7cm guns - also all the 20.3 cm guns landed.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: August 24th, 2015, 7:20 pm
csatahajos wrote:
There is a nice model in one of the Model Graphix magazines showing an Akagi post Midway upgrade, with quite a few 25mm triple AA (even on the bow and aft IIRC) mounts and the more modern 12.7cm guns - also all the 20.3 cm guns landed.
Don't suppose you have pics, by any chance?

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BrentD15
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: September 3rd, 2015, 12:20 am
csatahajos wrote:
I agree with the emperor.
Do you have any pics?

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: September 3rd, 2015, 7:38 pm
Yes, I do, will try to get some pictures snapped on the weekend for ya.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrentD15
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: September 12th, 2015, 8:47 pm
csatahajos wrote:
Yes, I do, will try to get some pictures snapped on the weekend for ya.
Excellent! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: November 26th, 2016, 8:31 pm
Hey why don't you try drawing the Myogi from World of Warships? Apparently it was a preliminary design for the Kongo, also called the B40 project. If you need some images from the game I can get them :)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Never built IJN ships.Posted: November 27th, 2016, 6:07 am
I believe she was drawn for the Koko AU.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 14  [ 132 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: