Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
rd77
Post subject: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 12th, 2016, 1:35 pm
I apologise if this is slightly off-topic, but I hope someone recognises this warship superstructure built in Poland for a yard in another country:

https://www.facebook.com/PortalMorski/p ... =3&theater

I hope this works. I keep thinking I've seen this bridge structure before, but I can not remember which vessel.

Many thanks in advance!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 12th, 2016, 3:18 pm
Hmmm,
This look like a forward-bridge superstructure with mast, maybe a light-corvette or a OPV or Survey-ship ?

[Profile] [Quote]
rd77
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 12th, 2016, 3:24 pm
Yes exactly Mike, and it looks very distinctive. I was thinking of a GOWIND-type design or Germany's F125 frigate or a Dutch SIGMA-design, but I have not found a match so far. I know I've seen it before. One of these days I will remember it!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 12th, 2016, 7:29 pm
It was not build in Poland but it was passing through, Grietje was in Gdynia for elements of Submerged Turret Loading (STL) and Riser Base (that yellow things on ship)... it would be good to in theory check the route of Grieje, maybe it would put some light at least from where did take that cargo.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 12th, 2016, 8:39 pm
It's last harbors:
Feb 11, 2016, 07:03 UTCGDYNIA, POLAND
Feb 06, 2016, 10:04 UTCBRUNSBUTTEL, GERMANY
Feb 04, 2016, 17:04 UTCANTWERPEN, BELGIUM
Feb 01, 2016, 22:04 UTCANTWERPEN, BELGIUM
Jan 31, 2016, 12:05 UTCHAMBURG, GERMANY

The information on where it's going isn't o helpful, all it say, is: NO MEK and the estimated time of arrival (ETA) is around Feb 13, 05:00. And for those how want to do the calculation, her last reported speed is 16.8 knots (17 knots)

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/GR ... -304081008

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 12th, 2016, 8:46 pm
I put my bets on Hamburg, Blohm & Voss or HDW.

EDIT: it's hold course near Norway... tomorrow it will be in destination. The equipment is for Norway based company maybe also the structure is for Norway?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 13th, 2016, 1:26 pm
At the moment it is at METEC AS in Stavanger. and what I can see on the picture is something for an offshore oil installation. METEC is an company that make specialized equipment for offshore operation.

[ img ]

My bet is that the structure is for an patrol ship or corvette that are under building either in Netherlands or France, the structure on top of it, looks like it would fit quit well with one of the Dutch radars.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 13th, 2016, 1:33 pm
Found that the picture is from 2006, so that may help a bit.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 13th, 2016, 2:02 pm
heuhen wrote:
At the moment it is at METEC AS in Stavanger. and what I can see on the picture is something for an offshore oil installation. METEC is an company that make specialized equipment for offshore operation.
[ img ]

Submerged Turret Loading (STL) and Riser Base for oil transfer on Floating Storage and Offshore Unit. Both are manufactured for NOV APL that will put it in Gina Krog oil field.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Unknown warship superstructurePosted: February 13th, 2016, 3:44 pm
Novice wrote:
Found that the picture is from 2006, so that may help a bit.
witch one. the Web cam picture is from 2016.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: