Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Hexelarity
Post subject: CascordiaPosted: May 5th, 2016, 2:40 am
Cascordia is a Nation which was founded in 1908 after a Governor of Washington state wished to Succede from the Union. His Succesion was succesful and he formed the Nation of Cascordia. Cascordia's economy was Frightening and to fix this he made strong ties with Asian and European Nations. Especially Japan, Germany, and many other nations. When World War one started Cascordia assisted the Germans in the War by Invading Oregon, California and any other surrounding American State. when it was 1930 Cascordia had strong ties with Germany and Japan. When it was 1939 Cascordia became a Nazi Nation thus being really strong allies with Nazi Germany. Aswell as Cascordia had a Multitude of American and German technology. When World War Two broke out Cascordia invaded the united states with Assitance by germany. Cascordia took mutliple american states, but America pushed Cascordia to the State of Texas. in 1944 America urged for Peace and it was decided that america can keep all the land to the right of texas, all land to the left was Cascordian Territory. On the map it shows the main ''State'' of Cascordia which is Washintonia. The Capital of Cascordia is Imperius.

[ img ]
non-nazi flag

Pekker Class
[ img ]

Pokola Multi-use
[ img ]

Pokola Carrier
[ img ]

Coming soon ships:

Kulat Battleship

Markese Carrier

Torkora Transport

Alpine War Barge

Give advice if you want!

Last edited by Hexelarity on June 11th, 2016, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 5th, 2016, 4:18 am
First thing would be to put the drawings onto templates, so that your work, and the work of others is properly credited. The second thing would be that the word you intend to use early on in the text is "secession", not "succession".

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 5th, 2016, 11:23 am
Hi Hexel,

Well, there's a couple of things I'd recommend thinking about when doing these.

Firstly, the superstructure comes off as quite boxy - even the masts look quite flat. If you look at how other ships have been drawn you'll be able to see how to shade the structures to give a bit better impression of the shape of them.

Second, I'd take a second look at your directors - these, well, direct your guns and generally need to be placed with the best possible field of view. Iowa-class battleships had their main director just under the big air search radar, but your is quite low down, with parts of the structure getting in the way and with a closer horizon than it would have from higher up, regardless of obstructions.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 6th, 2016, 12:56 am
apdsmith wrote:
Hi Hexel,

Well, there's a couple of things I'd recommend thinking about when doing these.

Firstly, the superstructure comes off as quite boxy - even the masts look quite flat. If you look at how other ships have been drawn you'll be able to see how to shade the structures to give a bit better impression of the shape of them.

Second, I'd take a second look at your directors - these, well, direct your guns and generally need to be placed with the best possible field of view. Iowa-class battleships had their main director just under the big air search radar, but your is quite low down, with parts of the structure getting in the way and with a closer horizon than it would have from higher up, regardless of obstructions.

Regards,
Adam
about the directors on the Pokola i was thinking of putting it atop the bridge but that would feel wierd to me but thanks for the advice

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 22nd, 2016, 7:15 pm
As a Washingtonian i'm insulted by the idea we'd side with the axis.

Also this is the Cascadian flag.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hexelarity
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 22nd, 2016, 8:20 pm
Kokia wrote:

Also this is the Cascadian flag.
[ img ]
Im a Washingtonian to but i wanted german tech for cascordia so yeah

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 22nd, 2016, 10:16 pm
Kokia wrote:
Don't worry, they won't do it for long once the rest of the US is finished curb stomping them. Assuming the federal government would even let them secede in the first place, which history indicates is doubtful.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 22nd, 2016, 11:05 pm
Kokia wrote:
Don't worry, I'm sure the Population of the pacific northWest would be rapidly turned Off by stray Capitalization and other nonsensical Indications of how much thought went Into this.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 23rd, 2016, 9:43 am
Well, as odd as the AU is (also, and I am sorry for this, but "Succede from the Union"? What would be wrong with an independent Washington State employing some espionage to get the technical details? That'd be somewhat more survivable than giving the US Army an easy target they don't even need to get on a boat to get at) the drawings are showing improvement, and that's the important bit. There's still a way to go, and some stuff on the existing drawings doesn't make sense, but they're getting better.

So I guess the next question is: do you want technical commentary on the drawings or stuff about the drawing style itself?

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: CascordiaPosted: May 23rd, 2016, 2:39 pm
Thiel wrote:
Kokia wrote:
Don't worry, they won't do it for long once the rest of the US is finished curb stomping them. Assuming the federal government would even let them secede in the first place, which history indicates is doubtful.
Most Cascadian nationalists seem to work under the assumption that the federal government will eventually collapse, but the pacific northwest will be slightly better off because we don't make the mistakes the same mistakes as everyone else. I've heard some things about the region being somehow less vulnerable to climate change for various reasons, and I've also made jokes about how we might end up having to build a wall across Oregon to defend ourselves from thirsty Californian refugees. However in the event of a nuclear war we'd be fucked because there are so many military bases out here.

Also most Cascadia plans involve Washington, Oregon, and Vancouver. Sometimes even parts of Idaho and California. The state of Washington alone does not make a very good country, even with Germany somehow helping from the other side of the world.

Now i almost want to make my own Cascadia AU. A better diverging point would be the Union allowing the south to succeed, resulting in a less hegemonized north america. Without the civil war, the union isn't as militarized, so they aren't able to project force westward. As a result the Indian tribes are able to meet the settlers on their own terms, and end up modernizing instead of being wiped out. The united states would be divided into north, south, mormonland, some combination of texas/california/mexico, The kingdom of Hawaii, and a federation of native tribes in the pacific northwest.

In the next century things get interesting. Assume some other power modernizes japan (I think that's a fair assumption) and you get Russia and Japan as the local superpowers. Do Cascadia/California/Hawaii form an alliance for mutual protection, or do they get subjugated by imperial japan? Does Russia kick everyones ass without the US to stop them?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: