Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Kyuzo_Aoi
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: December 11th, 2015, 6:43 pm
I was searching for a North Korean Space Program and now I see a Philippines space program?

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: May 22nd, 2016, 5:24 pm
After a long hiatus, I decided that I would redesign the BRP Luzon, now as a 250 m CATOBAR carrier and with a top view:
[ img ]
I used ground support equipment that I drew, as those drawn by Bombhead are outdated compared to the 2010's design of the ship and its airwing. I also added flight deck personnel as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: May 22nd, 2016, 7:32 pm
It seems like your space capsule would need more boosters to put it into orbit. It appears to be space-x dragon style, but the falcon nine is a lot longer than your first stage. I'd put some of those small first stage boosters onto it, bring it in line with the soyuz.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: May 23rd, 2016, 5:12 am
Nice air carrier! What about her air wing? Previous design says 18x Sea Gripen, 8x AW101 ASW and 2x AW101 AEW helicopters.

See also my thread about "Small CATOBAR Carrier". I have there a study for an Australian Carrier (replacement for the HMAS R21 Mebourne-Majestic Class)

Remember that a CATOBAR carrier needs steam for catapults. Only very recently the electromagnetic catapult enters service and will (according to article below) installed to the new generation of carriers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroma ... nch_System

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: May 23rd, 2016, 12:46 pm
The air wing will be slightly larger, most likely 20 Sea Gripens, 2 AEW/COD craft (seen in drawing) and 8 AW101 ASW. The carrier uses C13 steam catapults and has a boiler to supply the steam (like with the proposed Bazan SAC220 light carrier).

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: May 23rd, 2016, 1:40 pm
My best guesstimate is that you're going to end up having to to have a sizeable permanent deck park (in the order of eight or so Gripens and both of the AEW aircraft)

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: May 23rd, 2016, 6:33 pm
Yes the Tracker series with the pod on its back (saucer?) looks like it wont fit in the hangar through the entrances in the side of the ship. They could be made a bit bigger. Most of the aircraft you have floating in space above your carrier have wheels down versions that are close to reality. Might be an idea to try them all for size against your elevator and hangar entrances.

Its a good start but I take it that this is very much a WIP, there is a lot of differences between side view and overhead still to fill in.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: May 24th, 2016, 6:06 am
Krakatoa wrote:
Yes the Tracker series with the pod on its back (saucer?) looks like it wont fit in the hangar through the entrances in the side of the ship. They could be made a bit bigger. Most of the aircraft you have floating in space above your carrier have wheels down versions that are close to reality. Might be an idea to try them all for size against your elevator and hangar entrances.

Its a good start but I take it that this is very much a WIP, there is a lot of differences between side view and overhead still to fill in.
The aircraft is NOT a Tracker (it is a fictional AEW craft I made) and the pod is actually the Erieye AEW&C system, which can be lowered to fit in the hangar. The elevators and hangar entrances are sized for aircraft such as Gripen, Rafale and Hornet (not Super Hornet).

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: May 31st, 2016, 5:52 pm
Hi Judah,

A quick question ... wouldn't the hangar doors have much larger radii on the curves - note the hangar doors on paul_541's Nimitz:

[ img ]

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republika ng Pilipinas AUPosted: April 13th, 2017, 3:20 pm
An update to the Jose Rizal Class DDG:
[ img ]
Basically this update is just a face-lift to improve the ship's appearance, now inspired by the early F100 designs instead of the NFR-90 (specifically a mix of the 1986 and 1990 proposals). This AU in the future would include an "expanded universe" that would deal with other countries aside from the Philippines.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: