Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: May 1st, 2016, 4:13 pm
citizen lambda wrote:
Making good progress indeed.
Just a note on the design: you can thin down the mast legs, since they appear on the model to be simple tubes.
They will look cleaner with all vertical parts reduced to 3 pixels wide, or at least with a regular thickness.
Yeah, I'm finding that tracing the lineart directly often produces ugly results. Much better to simplify and abstract for consistency.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: May 1st, 2016, 6:17 pm
[ img ]
Redrew the masts with a focus on consistency rather than direct tracing. I decided to make the main masts 4 pixels wide and use three pixels for the fore and aft ones.

I decided to make the front part of the main mast straight, not sure if that looks good or not.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: May 8th, 2016, 3:05 am
Looking very nice indeed!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: May 8th, 2016, 12:21 pm
Nice work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: May 9th, 2016, 7:43 am
Looking good, you can easily make the topmasts thinner. I hate drawing sloped masts myself, its hard to get masts looking good in SB but with practice it can be done.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 3rd, 2016, 11:12 pm
The ship looks very nice. Compared to the in game version the funnel looks kinda thin. I may be mistaken though because I haven't played the Hashidate on WoWs for a really long time. For a small ship it carries a really heavy AA battery. Its comes in handy if you come up against a carrier or scout plane. Thats really rare though because its a tier 1 ship.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 4th, 2016, 12:09 am
Looking good, Kokia! I agree with Hood, the top masts would look better slimmed down.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 4th, 2016, 7:05 am
[ img ]

Thinned out the masts, I was hesitant, but this gives me more room to put all those cables and antennas they have suspended between them.

I haven't been doing much work on it for two reasons, one I haven't been playing WoWs lately so I haven't been looking at the reffrence, and because those small boats and their cranes are frustrating me.

Are there any stock INJ boats like there is for the USN? Also what should I do about the armor on the AA guns? Freehand it?

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 4th, 2016, 11:06 am
Kokia wrote:
Thinned out the masts, I was hesitant, but this gives me more room to put all those cables and antennas they have suspended between them.
Good call, but you should give a closer look to your stern mast. The in-game 3D model shows that the topmast is colinear to the forward (angled) strut, which means there shouldn't be any kink in the leading edge of your mast. The model also shows some kind of sleeve covering all 3 legs below their junction. If this is borne out by more reliable sources, it shouldn't be omitted, as it saves you the trouble of drawing the junction itself.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 4th, 2016, 7:25 pm
[ img ]

Added more details to the masts and removed the boats/cranes so I could work on the aft superstructure. I'll add them back in latter, it would be nice if there were parts sheets for them handy.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: