Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 4th, 2016, 7:29 pm
this equipment sheet beign worked by me is still a WIP, but the boats are up to date.
http://i.imgur.com/tSjDpET.png

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 4th, 2016, 10:31 pm
Thanks! Now I just need to figure out which ones to use and how to draw cranes that don't look dumb.

http://i.imgur.com/B05iMZf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hBTGrbm.png
http://i.imgur.com/Hxb8ZcQ.png

The illustration has a motor launch, Sampan, and two whaleboats, WoWs has a rescue boat instead of the motor launch and re-aranges them. I think they are all in 6m but they could be 7. I'd have to count pixels.

For the small Motor launches, are they covered or are those grey lines above them just an open frame? The Illustration seems to suggest covering on the motor launch but I'm not sure how it would look hanging.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 5th, 2016, 10:28 am
That on both the rescue boat and the 6/7m motor launches are open frames, they could be possibly be covered by canvas like on the larger (8+m) motor launches if needed.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 5th, 2016, 12:38 pm
Looking good!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 5th, 2016, 9:02 pm
[ img ]

Added a flag and machine gun, removed the glass on the bridge windows and made a few minor tweeks and fixes.

I still need shields for the AA guns, and I can't find a gun director that fits on top of the one I already have. The WoWs model omits it, but every other source I can find has one of those snail eye type rangefinders on top. None of the ones on the part sheet fit.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 5th, 2016, 9:16 pm
Try to check the archive for those fitted atop Destroyer bridges, one might fit. If not you have to draw it from photographic souces or similar stuff. I've myself found out that the Japanese somawhat loved to have different encasings for their fire-control stuff, as if standardization was a word unknown to them:
The Type 91 and 94 4,5m rangefinders alone had four different mounting for the same system. The type 95 machine gun director had at least five different shields. There wehere three different Mod5 director/rangefinder sets for the five Agano and Oyodo cass ships (as seen in my WIP sheet I've linked). Three to four different mounts for the Type94 HA director ... and so on.
I'ts quite a mess.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Kokia
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 5th, 2016, 11:34 pm
[ img ]

Fuck it, free handed the rangefinder and AA gun shields, and pasted in the boats.

There are some more details I could add, moistly just deck clutter and cleats. I could also make a variant that adds the bamboo railing back in. But I'm done for today.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 6th, 2016, 5:22 am
"Fuck it" really isn't a phrase that should come into use when carefully studying a ship to make a realistic drawing of it. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 6th, 2016, 6:53 am
Now this is starting to look interesting, detail-wise. If you want to make it look more lively, now would be the time for some more shading to add some relief. I'm thinking about the stack, and maybe the gun shields if they are rounded.
Colosseum wrote:
"Fuck it" really isn't a phrase that should come into use when carefully studying a ship to make a realistic drawing of it. ;)
And yet... somehow I have a hard time believing it's the first time it has been uttered here ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japanese Gunboat Hashidate (WoWs version)Posted: June 6th, 2016, 9:27 am
There are no "fuck it", but if we don't have good enough information, we do not draw it... Thuse some drawings in the archive can sometimes look simple...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 41 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: