Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 8th, 2014, 2:00 pm
Thank you Ian. I really appreciate your kind words! Hopefully I'll get the WWI and Inter-War period versions as well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: May 8th, 2014, 8:00 pm
A nice collection of splendid drawn vessels you've done here Ari :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: February 11th, 2015, 5:36 pm
Can't wait to see the Pennsylvania with her flying-off platform. Magnificent drawings bezo!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: June 29th, 2016, 8:01 am
Reopened this thread, by thoroughly overhauling the six renditions of the Pennsylvania-class ACRs. New underwater hull color, detail improvements, a higher degree of individualization, all in the hope to have them meet the much higher standards of SB presently. They can all be found on pg. 1.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: June 29th, 2016, 8:30 am
The Pennsylvania class look good Bezo, bur I have noted with the title of this thread that the Tennessee's are still missing?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: June 29th, 2016, 8:44 am
Krakatoa: yes, you noticed correctly. I'm working on it. Been on a back burner for quite a while due to family matters, but, completing this major upgrade, may infuse me with some vigor and motivation to complete that class. I'm also working (slowly, slowly...) on later versions of the Pennsys, though I thought I had lost my original template for that. So, all in due time!

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: June 29th, 2016, 9:30 am
Ari, I am very glad to hear that your family troubles have abated enough to allow you back to the drawing board. It will be good to see the Pennsylvanias through their service lives. I was sure the Tennessee's would appear in due course, but a little prod every now and then doesn't hurt too much..

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: June 29th, 2016, 10:35 am
very nice work bezo! I have only one remark, that is that I canno understand anything about the multitude of shades and shapes you have put on your hull and underwater hull. you seem to mix overhang shades with shaping shades of different angles and nowwhere over the length of the ship these seem to match. the same issue happends on the hull above the water, there are some different shades of which I have no idea what they represent. all this together is IMO an issue that degrades the otherwise quite good quality of the drawing, an issue that can easily be fixed by making the shading less complex (and by that, easier to understand or even more correct)
if you need some help with that, feel free to ask ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: June 29th, 2016, 12:25 pm
Jan, thank you for your input. Now, while I take your critique ad notam, I've one question for you, and that is: are you sure, on your part, that you fully understand the hullforms of these early steam vessels? I'm not saying you don't, but I'm aware that you have mostly been considering yourself with more modern vessels, with a very different hydrodynamic spectrum.

How about this, since I find your comments quite reasonable, and thus I want to resolve any lingering issues - if there are any - you propose me how you would want to do it, and then we may compare notes?! After all you did offer, didn't you, and I'm willing to listen (or, rather, in this case behold...)

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: June 29th, 2016, 6:31 pm
Hello everyone!

Underwater hull form aside - I'd say it's perfectly OK aft, but I don't know enough about the forward part to judge, apart from the gut feeling that the shading indicates an icebreaker bow (did US ships really have one?) - they are just BEAUTIFUL.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: