Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
Shigure
Post subject: IJN Yubinakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 2:47 pm
[ img ]

This is my first Japanese ship. Go easy on me!

Last edited by Shigure on July 20th, 2016, 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 2:53 pm
Awesome work dude.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 3:14 pm
Thanks! Nice comments as always!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 4:54 pm
awesome work and awesome work.... depending on how you look at it. ;)

do you know how much those guns weight.
that there is space for so many guns, doesn't mean you can mount that many guns. ;)

keep going, add more details, much more details and it will become awesome

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 5:13 pm
heuhen wrote:
do you know how much those guns weight.
His Majesty SpringSharp will give TristanAlting a possibility to balance it a some.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 5:22 pm
At quick glance, the ship is roughly the same size of an Akizuki class Destroyer, which mounted four twin 100mm turrets (which had a weight of 34,5 T each) and a single quad 610mm torpedo launcher. Up there I count five twin 127mm turrets (which had a weight of 32 T each) and two 610mm quad torpedo launchers. Overall I doubt she could carry all that armament without ending up like the torpedo boat Tomozoru.

One more quibble, does Yuganakaze actually means something or it's just something randomly sounding Japanese? By looking at google search, which gives no results at all I do suppose it is the latter case. Mind that I too don't know that much about Japanese language, but it is not impossible, through some research, to give Japanese vessels actual Japanese names.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 5:42 pm
BB1987,
Actually "Kaze" in Japanese means "Wind". Japanese destroyers which names ended on -kaze, were named after different type of wind, like "Minekaze" - "Wind over the height", Sawakaze - "Swamp wind", Kamikaze - "devine wind". Google says "Yugana" means "Hot water", so, name actually makes some sence. I'd translate "Yuganakaze" as "Hot wind on water".

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 5:47 pm
Yugano meant something like graceful but I can't seem to find the original meaning for some reason. I might have been a spelling error. The -kaze was a common suffix for destroyers, which meant wind.

I'm going to correct the naming of this ship to Yubinakaze. Which basically translates to Graceful-Wind.

How do I tag Colo and ask him to change the title?

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 5:50 pm
BB1987 wrote:
At quick glance, the ship is roughly the same size of an Akizuki class Destroyer, which mounted four twin 100mm turrets (which had a weight of 34,5 T each) and a single quad 610mm torpedo launcher. Up there I count five twin 127mm turrets (which had a weight of 32 T each) and two 610mm quad torpedo launchers. Overall I doubt she could carry all that armament without ending up like the torpedo boat Tomozoru.

One more quibble, does Yuganakaze actually means something or it's just something randomly sounding Japanese? By looking at google search, which gives no results at all I do suppose it is the latter case. Mind that I too don't know that much about Japanese language, but it is not impossible, through some research, to give Japanese vessels actual Japanese names.
Also I might add that larger vessels like carriers and battleships were actual Japanese names, like Kaga and Haruna. Destroyers were not.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: IJN Yuganakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 18th, 2016, 8:22 pm
TristanAlting wrote:
How do I tag Colo and ask him to change the title?
on you'r first post in the lover right corner, there is an edit button. edit the subject text there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: