Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: February 14th, 2016, 10:59 am
Had the same idea ;)

See the version on the right.

[ img ]

Yours is also good. I do fear though, that the gun is slowly getting out of scale. I have to check some of my references...

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: February 14th, 2016, 11:17 am
I think I can see why - the shield as on the illustration covers just about half the pivot itself - these ones cover almost the entire pivot. Perhaps if the vertical line of the shield comes forward a pixel?

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: February 14th, 2016, 11:28 am
I've just checked online and 4.00m overall length, which is 13.123ft, rounding it down to 13ft. I've got 26 pixels long. I'm out at the moment, so can't make out the pixels properly, it does look that much longer to me. I'd say it would be OK as it does add more detail.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: February 14th, 2016, 12:02 pm
apdsmith that should work. Good shout.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: February 14th, 2016, 2:19 pm
I've had a go at carrying out what apdsmith suggested. i've reduced oa length of the gun by shortening the coverage of the gun shield and making it possible to reduce the length of the breach, making it 26 pixels long which would be the 23ft/ 4.00m of the real weapon. I've also added a third drawing which raises the breach by one pixel, which i think matches what the illustrations, and made the gun shield less thick at the top.
[ img ]

what do you think?

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: February 14th, 2016, 4:31 pm
Alright, Adams very helpful post has given me the reason to start over with this gun.
This time I thought I should do it right and scaled the drawing according to the plan found on navweaps.com.
See the link below:
http://navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_88mm-45_skc13.htm

[ img ]
Comments welcome!

@Tempest:
Your drawings are also quite nice. I do prefer to have the top part of the gun shield a bit thicker, though.
I believe that you have to add the odd 1 pixel in SB-scale to fully bring out the detail or to replicate the look of a smaller part.

Edit:
I guess it all comes down to preference on a gun / part this small.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: February 14th, 2016, 8:18 pm
That definitely looks way better. :) I agree, to make the object look right one pixel might make the difference.

Thanks for spending the time on the gun, it was definitely worth the update.

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: February 14th, 2016, 10:05 pm
Yep, I think that's the trick for that one. Thanks maomatic!

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetPosted: July 21st, 2016, 9:17 pm
Because Shipbucket ruined my link on page 1, I've switched to using Dropbox which is so much easier btw, and added a slightly unfinished update 6.1 to rectify the problem.

I've decluttered the sheet by removing the AU guns, and removed the individual variations of the turrets, hope people think its an improvement. I might make up a separate sheet for the AU guns.

• Improved 420mm, 380mm, 350mm guns.
• Removed AU guns.
• Consolidated 380mm, 305mm, 280mm SK L/50, 280mm SK L/45 guns.
• Improved the detailing of the 150mm FlaK L/45 and added more views.
• Added maomatic’s updated 88mm FlaK L/45 gun.
• Added Garlicdesign’s 150mm UtoF L/45 gun.

Also what criteria do I need to follow to add the sheet to the Official Parts Thread?

*Edited to add updates I'd forgotten to add
All the best

Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Kaiserliche Marine Parts SheetsPosted: July 22nd, 2016, 10:02 pm
I've added a General Equipment sheet on the first page, at the moment the other sections are nowhere near ready to post and will be added as and when.

I'm not sure of some of the names of the boats I've added from other people's drawings, if anyone knows their names in English or German it would be a great help.

Please feel free to point out any errors or changes I can make to improve on the drawings, layout etc. and don't hesitate to post any additions here or pm them to me, contribution are welcome.

All the best

Tempest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: