Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: July 29th, 2016, 8:44 am
Heinz Guderian would be a good candidate as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: July 29th, 2016, 10:09 am
Cascadia wrote:
Dornier Hkp 7F Twin Huey
[ img ]
Dornier built Bell 212 as used by Heeresfliegerregiment 85 of the Imperial German Army Marine Command.
Great work!
Just one thing, this helicopter is a Bell 214 single engine based on the Bell 205 with the "nose" of the Bell 212.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_214

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: July 29th, 2016, 11:42 am
Ah, damn!
Thanks for the info, Glaciesfire. I mixed them up.
I will try to fix that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: July 29th, 2016, 8:33 pm
Nice work Cascadia, would be nice if you can add some weapon details for the tanks ;-)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: July 29th, 2016, 9:40 pm
Cascadia wrote:
Ah, damn!
Thanks for the info, Glaciesfire. I mixed them up.
I will try to fix that.
Don't mind about it, I discovered it few weeks ago looking for some works on my AU...

Actually You can "choose" to use them from the '70s as Bell 214B or from the 2015 as Bell Huey II.
Personally I will use the 214B, with an MTOW of 15000 lbs, aka the BigLifter...

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: July 30th, 2016, 12:54 pm
I will try to change my Huey into a 212, but this has currently no priority.
For the next days I will concentrate on a different project.

So these two drawings will be the last for the next few days. But don't worry, I have several other vehicles in the work.

KPz 3A5AG Patton
[ img ]
from 1954 on the German Army recived more than 1,600 M48 main battle tanks to enlarge the combat strength of its tank force which until then only operated a number of M4 Sherman and M47 Patton tanks. For more than ten years the KPz 3 was the mainstay of the German tank force. Throughout their service time the KPz 3 underwent several upgrades, the most notable being the replacement of the 90mm gun with a modern 105mm gun in 1978. Although being replaced in several divisions by the KPz 4 and facing retirement with the introduction of the KPz 5 in 1979, some Pattons remained in active service until the early 1990s when the armor battalions of the light infantry division recived their KPz 5s. From then on the Patton could only be found in service with the semi-active armor battalions of the National Guard, the German Army Reserve.
The tank shown here is one of the last KPz 3A5AG of the 514th Armor Battalion, 51st Home Protection Brigade, Military Area Command I. The final replacement with KPz 4 is scheduled for 2010.

KPz 4A7 Leopard - Operation Desert Fox
[ img ]
Shown here is a KPz 4A7 Leopard of the 373rd Armor Battalion, 37. Armor Brigade, 13th Armor Division 'Istra' during Operation Desert Fox, the German partizipation of the second Gulf War in 1991.
For operating in the deserts of Iraq the green of the camo was replaced with a sandy color.

Last edited by Cascadia on August 2nd, 2016, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: July 30th, 2016, 6:32 pm
Great stuff! Will we see some German aircraft deployed to Op. Desert Fox as well?

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: July 31st, 2016, 2:47 pm
Great looking work Cascadia :D :D :D :D

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: August 6th, 2016, 2:42 pm
Kilomuse wrote:
Great stuff! Will we see some German aircraft deployed to Op. Desert Fox as well?
I will probably do a Tomcat of the Kaiserliche Marineflieger.

Until then:

KPz 5A2 Panther
[ img ]
The KPz 5 Panther is the latest MBT introduced by the German Army. From 1979 onwards he replaced the older KPz 3 Patton tanks and recently the older models of the KPz 4 Leopard.
The A2 version is the most common version in service with the German Army and other INTO nations.
Shown here is a KPz 5A2 of the 404th Armor Battalion of the 40th Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division 'Aschkenasim'.
Like the other remaining 5A2 and 5A3 of the Heer this tank will be upgraded to the 5A4 standard, and then send to a Leopard battalion while the 404th will recieve their KpfLf 3 Löwe and renamed
404th Battlemover Battalion (Kampfläuferbataillon 404).

As an info: from now on, I have decided that Germany's Marines ar part of the Kaiserliche Marine and Marineinfanteriekommando will be refered to as Imperial German Naval Infantry.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: German Empire - Defence of the RealmPosted: August 6th, 2016, 9:54 pm
Pfz 3A1 Caracal
[ img ]

The Rheinmetall Pfz 4A1 Caracal, a licence built Iveco LMV, is a 4x4 armored light multipurpose vehicle introduced to the Reichswehr in 2001. It will be mainly be used as a light reconnaissance vehicle with light infantry units. As of 2007, about 600 vehicles have been deliverd with additional 1,000 to come.
The Caracal shown here is in use with the Garde-Füsilier-Bataillon (Guard Fusilier Battalion) of the Garderegiment (Guards Regiment) 'Von Clausewitz', based at the Victoria Adelaide Barracks in Theben, capital of the German Empire. The guard fusilier battalion is one of two imperial guards battalions, the other being the Garde-Kavallerie-Bataillon (Guard Cavalry Battalion), and is responsible of guarding the Imperial Palace. Beside this it is a fully trained elite recce unit which has been deployed to Kuwait in 1991.

Not German Army equipment, but part of this AU:

TC.3 Panther (Royal Lantean Defence Forces Land Force Command)
[ img ]
In 1996 the government of the Kingdom of Lantea decided to form two further armor companies, enlarging the RLDF's tank force up to four companies. Instead of buying additional M60s from the US, it was decided to look for a new state of the art MBT. Evaluating several tanks including the M1 Abrams and the Leclerc, Lantea choose the German Panther.
The TC.3 (Tank Combat No.3) is an advanced version of the KPz 5A3, but lacks the additional armor of the new KPz 5A4.
26 TC.3 have been delivered between 2002 and 2007, forming the 101st and 103rd Armor Companies of the Central Defence Regiment. The new 104th became part of the Southern Forces Regiment and recieved the former 101st M60s.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: