Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Free Peoples Navy
Post subject: Lunga Point Class Aircraft CarrierPosted: August 12th, 2016, 10:19 am
[ img ]

I'm very skeptical about modifying other images, but when there's not enough time to make a drawing from scratch (Especially if you don't have the will); I'd rather to the former. This rather large vessel is for my (Still Unnamed) AU, and she is based on the hull of a Montana Class Battleship, and a top deck of the USS Lexington CV-2. This a two ship class, her sister ship being the Savo Island. Both were completed in early 1943, although the Savo Island was completed about a month after the Lunga Point. Both vessels saw action off the coast of North Point in 1944, but the Lunga Point was severely damaged by Japanese air attacks off the coast of North Point, and had to be towed back to Kanton Island for repairs. Savo Island stood in as the flagship for the carrier fleet until February 1945, when the Lunga Point returned from repairs. She was bombed again two months before the Japanese Surrender but only minor damage was done. After WWII, Lunga Point was given modifications including an angled flight deck, whilst her sister ship didn't receive any upgrades.

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: Lunga Point Class Aircraft CarrierPosted: August 12th, 2016, 12:29 pm
How did your country get hull of Montana class BB?

[Profile] [Quote]
Free Peoples Navy
Post subject: Re: Lunga Point Class Aircraft CarrierPosted: August 12th, 2016, 2:26 pm
Keisser wrote:
How did your country get hull of Montana class BB?
They sold us two uncompleted hulls. :D It doesn't matter, I'm not going to use this design anymore. I have found a name for my AU, and I'm basing my carriers off of European and French designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: Lunga Point Class Aircraft CarrierPosted: October 6th, 2016, 3:24 pm
nice artwork!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Lunga Point Class Aircraft CarrierPosted: December 25th, 2016, 10:26 am
AWESOME!!!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: